Modding Discussion Starbound mods/plugins?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Endeffekt, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Endeffekt

Endeffekt Poptop Tamer

Hey guys.

I want to start a server but am curious as to whether Starbound has plugins like Minecraft does?
    Maybe something that would protect the spawn planet and further anti grief to players home planets?

also being able to make a pvp planet where you get rewards for fragging players :)

i'm guessing none of this will be in yet, but maybe someone knows?

:)

2. asleeplogan

asleeplogan Void-Bound Voyager

No, as of right now there isn't even admin commands, like /op in minecraft. All you can do really is create a server, but some mods are server compatible as long as all players have it installed.

3. Endeffekt

Endeffekt Poptop Tamer

Do you think there are people working on this at the moment?

4. neronix17

neronix17 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not likely, chances are nobody will till it's officially supported really, minecraft is built very differently and basically has its source available through mcp, it's doubtful at best whether or not starbound will be as open but I have to assume it is something that the devs will allow later in development.

Even if it was possible right now I doubt anyone has the time or patience to update their mods/plugins with every little update at the rate they are flying out at the moment ( server plugins for example to protect the spawn world is a little more demanding to update than a couple pieces of armour and furniture).

Basically I'm saying it's way too early to know if its even possible at the moment, communities usually find a way but its likely to be further down the line.