1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound mentioned on TGS Podcast

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Starheaven07, May 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

I'm not sure if there is a thread for this yet, but at 15:30 in the latest The Game Station, Totalbiscuit mentions Starbound. They don't talk about it for very long, but this means that some major names are at least aware of it. Considering what he said about Minecraft just before this in the video, what he said is quite encouraging, to me at least.

Video here:

What are your thoughts on this, forum? Is this foreshadowing of things to come, or perhaps we will see a new wave of people seeking information soon?

Rho likes this.
  2. Ghoschief

Ghoschief Phantasmal Quasar

It probably means there are going to be a lot more people joining the forums soon ;p
    That could be both good and bad i guess...

3. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

I'm letting the "Space Terraria" slide here because he probably hasn't looked into the game much do to it being this early in development. Of all people, when the game comes out he'll probably be the first one to say how it's different.

Dementia likes this.
  4. Ghoschief

Hearing him say that is disappointing none the less :c

5. Dynafols

Dynafols Black Hole Surfer

Ok, first of all, I watch the TGS Podcasts to :p

And second, one thing I want to mention is, this is with a doubt one of the best furoms I've seen, the community here is great,(heck, we can have our opinions without people flipping nuts :D) and I want to help keep it that way. There is that chance of a wave of people moving here, (infact the moment I heard TB mentioned it I sorta freaked and went to the furoms to see if there would a wave, but didn't notice anything), so lets be as good as people as we can be.

Buuuuut.... I don't really think that we will be experiencing any major waves as for now. I think we should be more alert if TB and Jesse mention Starbound shortly or at the end of their Terraria series.

I think one of the reason's the Starbound furoms is so good is because a lot of people who were disappointed after the whole "Red leaving Terraria" thing managed to get up, put on a smile, and decided to come here, with nothing to have a rage face over. So overall I think we're safe.

If anything I can suggest is to remain strong and become better throughout this community, the people who are dedicated and have been here from the start. And perhaps have the point system upgraded or changed around a bit just incase of a wave of fainbois come walking in. That silly little title can help "scare" noobies who are fanbois of TB and Jesse who may be a bit "trolly"(but still remember to be nice, its better to have people look up to you than to fear you, unless your a moderator :p ). But what do I know?

So overall I think we'll be safe from anything potentially dangerous until the Terraria series is over, and the game is officially released. But even when those things happen, I'm sure we'll still be safe and a strong community even after. We got very cool moderators and decently intelligent and reasonable members.

(O and btw, what the heck did I just say, it looks confusing in my honest opinion)

6. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

WHERE ARE THE NUTS (╯ಠ□ಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻

But yes, if they know about it already, then that's probably a good sign.

Breather and Dynafols like this.
  7. Ghoschief

We can probably look forward to a starbound playthrough with Jesse and TB :D

Mikey and Starheaven07 like this.
  8. Dynafols

Dynafols Black Hole Surfer

Hmm, maybe... its a possibility. There are a few things to consider about them doing it though...
    Such as the chance that a lot of terraria fanbois (more accurately the fans of TB's and Jesse's series) who might say that Starbound is a terraria copy (even though its a complete lie and unreasonable nonsense). But at the same time, theres the chance of people being excited because its just like the terraria series, but in SPAAAAAACCCEEEEEEE!
    As well as the chance that it might drag others away because they feel like its the same thing again...and again.....and again...

Also, theres the fact that they tend to a due a variety of different games, not one sole or specific genre. Remember LOL? I'm predicting them doing that after the terraria series.

But we never know, I would personally love to see them continuing adventuring in Starbound, but who knows. But however, I could see TB possibly doing a WTF is.... of Starbound, giving Starbound more attention.... but then that goes back to the topic of fanbois and others entering this furom of harmony, but like I said, I think we should be safe, as long as we continue growing and not let up on the peace here.

Starheaven07 likes this.
  9. Twiganator

Twiganator The Count

ill check my members list to find out

10. Teanji

Teanji Void-Bound Voyager

They'll probably do a Dual-Com "WTF Is... Starbound", if they then continue the series all the better for myself and anyone subscribed to them because it will undoubtedly be hilarious. If they don't, that's also totally fine -- They'll still be promoting the game.

11. Ghoschief

I don't think that if TB did a "WTF is" for Starbound it would be dual com

12. Swinburn

Swinburn Phantasmal Quasar

I just hope that the supposed flock of new people being discussed in this thread aren't brain-dead, opinion-less fools.
    I think that would be the worst possible thing for these forums, a whole bunch of morons coming in making pointless threads and suggesting useless overpowered crap to be put in game, criticising non-constructively for post count.
    Should this be the fate of these (currently) brilliant forums I think I will just have to leave them and wait the inevitable wait for release alone.

Twiganator12 likes this.
  13. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

There's a name for people that signed up only in the hopes of getting into the beta when that was announced. Perhaps we should start working on a name for This wave as well?

14. Ghoschief

Easy, the TB/TGS wave ;)

15. Zellman

Zellman Existential Complex

or maybe TB can find another partner...Jesse drives me up a wall...

But to each his own. I am looking forward to TB's inevitable WTF is...Starbound in August/September.

16. Ghoschief

I think TB and Jesse make a cute couple ;p

Breather likes this.
  17. john8883

john8883 Void-Bound Voyager

That's cool.

Xephos likes this.
  18. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

Well, he DID say that it was looking PRETTY reasonable. Well, of course it's MORE THAN REASONABLE. But since he IS a critique, saying a compliment to a game is pretty big! :D

19. Eta

Eta Pangalactic Porcupine

I hope the developers consider giving TB a pre-release look at the game, it would do so much to advertise the game.
    Also I think that TB would enjoy this game, due to the fact that the game is VERY open world and contain many unique features.

20. Teanji

Teanji Void-Bound Voyager

It was for Terraria, I believe.. Or maybe that was something else. I just figured that if that had been the case in the past he would do it again to test it out and see if a series could be made.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.