1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound: It sure does exist

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by DukeOfRiven, Jul 28, 2015.

1. DukeOfRiven

DukeOfRiven Giant Laser Beams

Every time I log back into the Starbound forums I wander into a maelstrom of hatred and chaos: Starbound is terrible, Starbound is growing terrible, Starbound will be terrible forever unless every onedoes exactly what the OP says, The devs removed hunger and as a direct result my whole family died bring it back or the world will end etc. etc. There are then an equal number of posters claiming that Starbound is great, or improving well, or that the world was overrated anyways and that they are bringing back hunger for god's sake why does no one ever read the devlogs etc. etc.

I'm tired of negativity. And I guess I'm tired of positivity, too? I guess? I demand neutrality! I don't want your opinions, fellow Starbounders (Starboundettes? Starbinders? Starbers? Stbs?), I want your entirely objective, cannot be politicized facts.

Current facts:

Starbound exists
    It is a game
    It could be purchased on Steam at the moment this sentence was written (July 28, 1:25 PM EST)
    If you press the spacebar while playing the game, you will have pressed the spacebar.

Shador, AntiStoned, Kaiachi and 2 others like this.
  2. duicklefish

duicklefish Great Scott!

I don't know if it's a game yet... that's like saying a manuscript is a book... it's a potential game undergoing beta testing...

Shador, The T.C. and Pingeh like this.
  3. DukeOfRiven

I can't win.

Esylana, Zebe, Seajun_ and 8 others like this.
  4. duicklefish

duicklefish Great Scott!

Whoa whoa whoa... we're chillaxing the negativity, remember?

5. DukeOfRiven

It's a neutral statement of fact.

6. The game contains pixel-based artwork in various colors. The players control some of this pixel based artwork to interact with other pieces of pixel based artwork. Crafting is a mechanic used in this game. Maps are primarily constructed of simple, uniformly sized 'blocks'. Players can place blocks in specific places. The sky is sometimes blue.

Shador likes this.
  7. Freakscar

Freakscar Phantasmal Quasar

You made me log in just to like that post. :nod:

8. cooltv27

cooltv27 Heliosphere

I think we should be called starboundianses (which is plural, singular would be starboundians)

9. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

I don't believe Mr duicklefish is capable of not bashing the game every chance he gets. Considering nearly every one of his posts are nothing but bashing.

"Oh no, its been 10 minutes without an insult! Quick, to the forums!"

Starbounders sounds better to me. It sounds more like a title to signify that I am going somewhere, where as Starboundian sounds like I am from a place called Starbound, which doesnt make much sense.

Much like a Hunt-er is one who hunts, a Starbound-er is one who is bound for the stars.

10. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

The game contains weasels.

11. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

Starbound, as of this moment in time (July 28th, 2015) costs $15 on Steam when not on sale.
    Starbound, as of this moment in time (July 28th, 2015) contains a total of seven playable races.
    Starbound, as of this moment in time (July 28th, 2015) is a very moddable game, both in external mods and simply altering randomly generated things.

Seajun_ likes this.
  12. Frostfall

Frostfall Big Damn Hero

The game has representations of planets
    The game has fish and bugs
    The game has alien things
    There are eyeball trees o_O

Shador likes this.
  13. Kashmir

Kashmir Giant Laser Beams

The game has little penguin heads
    The game has Viking ( or Highland) Alpacas......way cool
    but only on nightly.....so far.

14. DukeOfRiven

This is a bit controversial - you didn't take into account different currencies.

15. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

$15 USD in the USA Steam Store, my bad.

16. DukeOfRiven

"Bad" also seems excessively negative. What about "my clarification"?

Seajun_ likes this.
  17. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

Neutrality must be maintained.
    I must clarify myself to remove all possible biases and incorrect facts. Such as stating Starbound came out in 2012. That is not a true fact.

18. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Starbound has a character known as Big Ape who is extremely handsome, intelligent, humorous, kind, and an overall glorious and widely respected leader. Hail to Big Ape. The Miniknog shall triumph over all.

Mackinz and The T.C. like this.
  19. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

All glorious facts! Someone give this man a banana!

The Squid likes this.
  20. Bumber

Bumber Pangalactic Porcupine

More specifically, I'd say it doesn't yet meet the formal definition of a game requiring a "variable and quantifiable outcome". You need a way to win or achieve a final score.