1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Starbound - Infinite Loading Screen

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Serris14, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Serris14

Serris14 Orbital Explorer

Recently, I have been trying to play Starbound. I'm on the newest version on a MacBook Air, with OS Sierra 10.12.3. Every time I make a new character, it will run normally, whether I am on my own or on an online server. However, if I try to use a previous character, rather than make a new one, it will get stuck on an infinite loading screen upon starting up. I do have a few mods, although they can't be the problem, as multiple friends have the EXACT same mods, and they're running the game perfectly fine. I'm am completely unsure whether or not it is a corrupted item, or if it is the files of the game itself. I have tried verifying the integrity of the game cache, and even completely reinstalling the game, yet nothing has worked. If anyone has any idea on what's going on, you will be a huge help.

UPDATE: It is due to the mod race, as the ship it has causes the save corruption upon the repair of the FTL Drive. If anyone knows how to fix this glitch, that would be nice. It isn't a mod on the Workshop, it is a custom mod made by a friend.

NOTE: If you are just going to say you are having the same problem, then don't post anything, unless you have more information to give on the subject. This will help EVERYONE, as it will keep helpful information separate from messages such as "I'm having the same problem." Thank you for reading through this.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  2. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

can show me ur log file?
    located in starbound folder/storage