1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Starbound fails to launch on Mac (May, 2017)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by lieutenant Sarcasm 47, May 27, 2017.

1. lieutenant Sarcasm 47

lieutenant Sarcasm 47 Poptop Tamer

as of today I have some odd 132 hours on the game, Loved it and got pretty far, but unfortunately it absolutely refuses to launch, as of 2 days ago it worked flawlessly with 33 mods installed. but as of yesterday the game won't load

I click on the icon in steam and click play,

the icon appears in the dock and does it's weird mac loading bounce thing

then a black window comes up for all of 1 second and then disappears without a trace, steam says syncing and then finishes with that and Im back where I started

I have tried all of the simpler fix methods ( verifying the files, removing mods, reinstalling, etc.) and none have worked, the closest I've gotten is getting it to run by manually opening it by bypassing steam, then going into my character and having it crash after 5 seconds of jittery running and opening a box.

Ive scoured the internet for solutions but I've come up short, ( steam community, this website, youtube, google, games errors.com, etc.) but any solutions worth their salt are either things I've already tried, only for windows, are at least 3 years out of date or more and don't work,or they are beyond my understanding of mac,{terminal, or finding unlisted files})

If there is anything I should know about when I go back to fiddling with it, it would be MUCH appreciated.

Will post log file if I ever find the right one

I'm using a 13 inch MacBook pro from mid 2012, running OS 10.12.5 (sierra) (i updated it about 4 months before posting this) 2.5 ghz i5 and intel graphics hd 4000.

2. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

with all your solutions, did you or did you not delete all files, including saves?

3. lieutenant Sarcasm 47

Ive not tried deleting all of the saves, ill back that stuff up and try it if it has any chance of working.

4. lieutenant Sarcasm 47

Which folder would that be?, I REALLY don't want to mess this up.