1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Starbound Does not launch through Steam

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Jackthwolf, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Jackthwolf

Jackthwolf Void-Bound Voyager

For some reason i cannot launch Starbound through the steam client, standard, 32 bit, and server client all fail to load after the steam "launching Starbound" box disappears (modloader works fine however).
    No errors, it just stops.
    However the game launches perfectly fine if i go to the starbound files and i launch it through the .exe
    I have no mods and a complete reinstall has not fixed the issue.

help would be appreciated, thanks ^^

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please attach the full log located in your storage directory. It's named starbound.log (will show up as "starbound" when you don't have file extensions shown). There are also more logs (.1-.5). These are logs from the sessions before. If you didn't start the game after the error i don't need them. Use the "Upload a File" button to select and attach the log.

~ Iris ~

3. Jackthwolf

Unfortunately i cannot give you the .log.1 (only one there is other then the main one) as it is giving me this error "The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension." so if this doesn't have what you need i will need a little more help to give it to you

Attached Files:

4. Iris Blanche

You can put it in a zip file and upload this. The log you provided doesn't show any errors. Or you reproduce this error and upload the starbound.log asap. ^-^

~ Iris ~

5. Jackthwolf

Did it 3 times in a row to be safe, and zipping it worked. Thanks for the help.

Attached Files:

6. Iris Blanche

All logs are fine and shows that the application has been started normally and stopped normally.
    Please make sure you attach the log right after the issue happens.

~ Iris ~

7. Jackthwolf

hm, i did. So you're saying that the game fails to get to the point when launching through steam to even make a log?

8. Jackthwolf

Well i tried multiple times, but the game does not give a log when it fails to launch through steam.
    Not a single one has a recent time stamp when i attempted to launch the game through steam.

9. Iris Blanche

In that case it seems that something is blocking steam from launching the game itself. Can you take a look into the windows event log? Maybe there is some information stored.

~ Iris ~

10. Jackthwolf

Well i had a look through the event viewer and i found nothing that fits time wise.
    Also if it helps (or atleast throws a possible cause out the window) Starbound (unstable) works perfectly fine through steam.