Starbound changelogs and release notes

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Mister Green, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Mister Green

Mister Green Phantasmal Quasar

I agree actually.

2. Meanbeans

Meanbeans Star Wrangler

I literally can not kill -anything- with a bow anymore. I have died 20 times in the last 5 minutes and ended up using my sword, which takes forever but at least it keeps the monsters off me. That only thing that really sucks about that is the fact that I don't get leather and meat with a sword. I know y'all are working on it, but at the present time, the mobs are just too difficult to kill. Also, my old character did not keep her over-powered weapons and such as was stated in the changelog. Just throwing that out there.

3. Cayote

Cayote Aquatic Astronaut

Thanks for posting this! has been looking around to find which things have changed!

Mister Green likes this.
  4. Shadowhammer

Shadowhammer Void-Bound Voyager

Mister Green, I have a question. Is the game supposed to be ridiculously difficult?

5. Shaun85

Shaun85 Void-Bound Voyager

upgrade the bow as soon as you can

renbear and Meanbeans like this.
  6. Mister Green

For the moment difficulty is changing a lot because of optimisation and nerfing.
    It will get easier, I'm sure of that. It's quite difficulty at the moment indeed. Hold on just a little longer! :)

proveisso likes this.
  7. Meanbeans

Meanbeans Star Wrangler

Can you please tell me how to do this? I'm assuming there are tiers to weapons, yes? I've not found much information on this, or perhaps direct me to where I can find it. I'd appreciate it, thank you =)

8. Kazuke

Kazuke Tentacle Wrangler

Thank you :D

Mister Green likes this.
  9. Jenwaii

Jenwaii Void-Bound Voyager

You can make a hunting knife that allows you to get the leather/meat. Use the anvil, 10 iron bars and 30 pixels. I prefer it over the bow. If you'd rather upgrade your bow to the iron bow you make sure that the first bow is in your inventory (the new bow will use it to make the next), click the anvil and then the tool (hammer icon) button. You should now see the option for the iron bow. Happy hunting!

Meanbeans likes this.
  10. Meanbeans

Meanbeans Star Wrangler

Awesome, thank you so much.

11. Meanbeans

Meanbeans Star Wrangler

Okay, I think I've been misunderstood a bit, I have an Iron Bow, and have had an Iron Bow... can I upgrade the Iron Bow?

12. Jenwaii

Jenwaii Void-Bound Voyager

I'm not sure if this has been addressed but I couldn't find anything about it. I built a house out of the nice dessert cobblestone texture. When frustrated koala hit/characters wiped I decided to go back and get the same kind of cobblestone but now it just clumps in with the regular grey color cobblestone. Have unique colors/ textures of the same type of block been done away with? If so, I would be greatly disappointed as it reduces the unique structures you can create.

13. metaspy

metaspy Void-Bound Voyager

Actually I don't hate spelunking. I hate strip mining, which is what this forces the user to do.
    Since it seems by your reply you enjoy mining - imagine the devs take away all food except crops.
    In order to do what you enjoy in the game you have to spend 20-30 min growing and harvesting crops.
    This is what it feels like to space-explorer players. You have now forced us to do something we dont enjoy in a sandbox game, instead of letting us have a way to access what we do enjoy.

14. Shadow86

Shadow86 Pangalactic Porcupine

More patch notes, semi-official. Update name still unknown.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/starbound/comments/1sncbu/next_update_partial_changelog_from_tiy/

proveisso likes this.
  15. Mister Green

16. ItsWolf

ItsWolf Space Hobo

Thanks!

17. Shalafi

Shalafi Space Hobo

Great for one time i will not be the last to get interesting info since i'm from Belgium too :p

Mister Green likes this.
  18. Langsandwich

Langsandwich Void-Bound Voyager

yep not sure if it's on all planets but they are there.

19. Zsword

Zsword Pangalactic Porcupine

My steam just through out a patch, do we have any finalized notes on this? Or what? Cause I'd like to know what the patch that I just recieved does.

20. Mister Green

What version does the game say you have? It's the red words in the menu somewhere I believe.