Starbound changelogs and release notes

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Mister Green, Dec 10, 2013.

1. JFoxx64

JFoxx64 Big Damn Hero

In the next update they are going to make use of Uranium and Plutonium.. But why wait!? I've created a mod that adds some extra fuels, two being first tier, the later being a little more advance.

Check out SpaceFuels here: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/spacefuel-tamefoxx.8/

2. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

Hmmmm, I don't like the new Leveling system in this patch - I'm talking about the Star Map and the Solar Systems.

Before this patch each Solar System had various planets with different Threat Levels, ie : 1 planet with level 6, another one with level 2, level 4, and so on.

Now each time you kill a Boss and upgrade the Star Map with new sectors, your level increases - Level 1 ---> kill the first boss ---> level 2 ----> kill the second boss ---> level 3, and so on. Each solar system have ALL the planets of the same level as the New Sector you are in.

I think it would be much better re-set the random Threat Levels for the Solar Systems ( and also the Mobs ), because in this way - Annoyed Koala patch - you won't bother anymore to explore the level 1 planets in the First Sector once you reach the Level 2 ( the exploration is kinda killed in this way - same for the Loot , who woul go back in the Level 1 sector when you know that you will drop crap item, since your level 2 items are much better ? ).

With the random Threat Levels, you save coordinates and go back in that solar system that had high Threat Level - this will add back more Exploration between those Solar Systems.

In less words : Would be cool to get back the random Threat Levels for the Planets and Mobs / NPC, instead to have all of the same level.

3. Tyrindor

Tyrindor Space Kumquat

I'm really glad to see this stickied, was going to request it.

4. Dabble

Dabble Space Hobo

I agree with you here, sort of takes out some of the randomness and feels like we dont need to explore all these planets because they are all "level 1" although that may not be the case. I think they are still different but they changed the 100 threat levels to 10 threat levels or something. Obviously it is still early so we will have to wait and see.

Lumiere and Psygnosis like this.
  5. Franklin0

Franklin0 Star Wrangler

The thing is, removing wood as a fuel source does push kids to explore more. But it forces them to explore down, not up. People who keep saying, "Removing wood as a fuel slows exploration," are being intentionally vague, what they mean is, "Removing wood as a fuel slows inter-planetary, surface level exploration. I hate spelunking."

edit: And the thing is, plenty of us didn't even know trees could be used as fuel, and none of us felt gathering fuel purely from coal was slow. Hell, a quick jaunt around the surface of a planet usually gave me more surface-level coal than what it cost me to fly to that system. And with this latest patch over-doing it with ores, there's no shortage at all of surface-available fuel.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  6. IcyMist27

IcyMist27 Poptop Tamer

I agree. We need more variety to the threat levels. It really takes away much incentive to explore more planets of the same system when all the enemies will feel the same in terms of difficulty or lack there of due to the fact they all die in one hit from any of the Iron weapons.

It is too dumbed down right now.

Axiege likes this.
  7. SpeedXaaa

SpeedXaaa Subatomic Cosmonaut

Okay, so this is probably a terribly vague question...or couple of questions, but I'll try to be specific enough.

Firstly, I keep seeing how you guys plan to release the full version before the year is over...don't you guys think that's rushing a bit, however? On a related note, how much time do you guys (anyone who wants to answer, really) approximate between the three stages of beta? For instance, in some range or estimate...how long do you THINK, at the rate things are going, will it be until the next stage of beta comes around?
    I'm just genuinely curious, and I'm sure a lot of other people are, too.

By the way...have the devs stated how many sectors they plan on adding into the game? Would it be 10 since there are 10 tiers?

Oh, and I'm also really agreeing with the notion that the 100 levels of threat/mobs need to be reimplemented...not sure why exactly they took that away, I mean it really did provide much more variety....

8. GundamZphyr7

GundamZphyr7 Big Damn Hero

Then 'most people' need to stop playing games when they're in beta.

theCrius likes this.
  9. Mister Green

Mister Green Phantasmal Quasar

They're not stating they're releasing the full game before the end of this year Speed! Don't know where you are getting that from. The beta was supposed to be out before the end of the year, and it is.
    And for how much time between stages, I have no idea really. It depends on how smooth progress is going, and we've only been in beta for like a week so no one can really tell I think.

10. paulerd

paulerd Space Hobo

lol i was planning to try to beat the bosses on this game without the kinda overpower droped weapons... using only the craftable ones when it reset.... what i was thinking was that we would only have alpha and levels 1-10 not that we would have level 2 beta planets and level 3 gamma planets.... and the underpowered crafting weapons became godmode... while the armor went from something usefull that could be the difference from being one shot to takeing 5 damage and is now so insignificant that i dont think gold armor reduces damage by 1 on level 1 alpha planets. (which makes leather the cheapest armor in the game still because since armor is useless might as well take the cold resistence) also i think im the only one who has read any of the books in the game... ssstab

11. Xandrah

Xandrah Void-Bound Voyager

Uh, just as a note. You can totally use Uranium Solarium and Plutonium for fuel already, just use the ore forms and not the "bars"

12. Bakerstu

Bakerstu Intergalactic Tourist

I dont like how they changed the planet levels, every weapon that drops is worse the craftable.

13. Pharo

Pharo Poptop Tamer

Is anyone else seeing Frustrated Koala now? Did we get an official news post about it?

14. Godzilla03

Godzilla03 Industrial Terraformer

They said that the patch messed up weapon damage again. But also its a rebalance, thatt is how it should of been at the first place.
    It's early BETA so don't get attached to anything lol. :DD

15. X4Velocity

X4Velocity Space Hobo

I'm currently downloading the patch, but was there a character wipe?

16. lordglythglyth

lordglythglyth Pangalactic Porcupine

anyway to restaet my worlds ?:/ the monmsters killed the airship store cuz the monsters are op to them

17. merlin.violet

merlin.violet Void-Bound Voyager

Frustrated Koala seems to be on Steam now, although there's been no news reports of it being released as of yet. :)

18. SputnikYuri

SputnikYuri Space Spelunker

Seconded.

Axiege likes this.
  19. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

Shields do jack squat now, unless this 500mb patch fixed it.

20. Brutus

Brutus Big Damn Hero

I'm finding very little issue with the patches and such, I realize they're still implementing most things, the only thing that throws me off is what I need to do after each boss. I've come to the endomorphic jelly item needed for the upgrade, and i'm completely lost. Im fine with free choice to explore, and even the simplified planet levels, but some kind of direction beyond a random item needs to be shown. An in-game codex or data storage with locations or tutorials on how to do basic things and where to find certain items is needed. I realize some don't like that sort of thing and would rather find it themselves, but the option would be much appreciated for people like me who couldn't find an apple that's been pelted at their head.