1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

STARBOUND ANDROID/IOS

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Keanm, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Keanm

Keanm Space Hobo

Alguem me responde quando ou se vai sair um remake para o android /Ios

Edit by Iris Blanche
    Translation:
    New
    Someone answers me when or is going to leave a remake for android / Ios

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2017
  2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please note that all post have to be in english or at least need an english translation. I added one for you this time but make sure to do this by yourself in the future :nuruhappy:

Regards
    Iris Blanche

Sylxeria and pop-yotheweird like this.
  3. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

There's been no indication that Starbound will be released on those platforms. Console ports are in the works, but mobile devices aren't among them to my knowledge.

4. Mike1Bagong

Mike1Bagong Astral Cartographer

Mobile device ports take time, so if we have time on our side, it make take years still.

5. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

I can't even begin to figure out how you'd make Starbound for mobile. MAYBE a sizable tablet but...

Sylxeria likes this.
  6. TaterChipp007

TaterChipp007 Master Chief

You'd have to have a ridiculously fast device to run that. Faster than a cheap laptop, like I've got.

7. MrVauxs

MrVauxs Giant Laser Beams

If you think about SB like Terraria then forget about it, it would be too big of a hassle to play it on phones and updating it. Also YOUR PHONE WOULD BE ON FIRE WHEN YOU TELEPORT TO ANOTHER PLANET
    *ekhm*

8. GamingInfinite

GamingInfinite Void-Bound Voyager

I posted this same type of thing on the steam forum for this, you could treat planets like bedrock mine craft does behavior packs. Cache and compress the worlds for a later date. When doing the tutorial you could entirely delete the tutorial world from the save game after its completed. That (mostly) takes care of the planet problem. You wouldn't even have to touch the textures besides resolution because all the textures are already so small. And even though there would be a huge lag spike while teleporting, the game already has an arbitrary teleport animation for 10 secs (roughly) and that could be used for decompression and compression of worlds. I believe that with several tweaks to the storage of save games, like when exiting the game completely compress the save game, as well as only allowing one save game, it could be done efficiently.

9. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

Imagine a game that is lagging hard already on pc then port it to phone...

10. Masiakasaurus

Masiakasaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah, Starbound runs like a dog even on decent PCs, mobile play would be a nightmare.

Besides, it's taken years to get console ports made and they're still vaporware, I doubt a mobile port could see release in my lifetime.

11. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

You mean civilizations = w=