1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Starbound and Visual C++ 2015 installer issues

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Healthire, Aug 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FinalFan

FinalFan Space Hobo

hello I'm having trouble getting my game to start since the update, I run windows 10 and it will not boot up from steam it goes through the first run setup and thats it, also I've tried to install the latest visual studio C++ 2015 but it tells me another version is already running so I can't seem to install it, anyone else having this problem with windows 10?

2. guiguijill

guiguijill Void-Bound Voyager

Tommorrow ? :O

3. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

When its ready.

4. Ultionisrex

Ultionisrex Space Hobo

I purchased Starbound for my wife and I on the 30th, but are experiencing this issue. Seems I picked an interesting time to grab a couple of copies.

5. Sandman1997

Sandman1997 Starship Captain

I'm unable to install that pack for what ever reason but if people can plz PM on steam or here of the fix and I do hope you guys get it fixed soon and I will ned to make a new chacter cause I removed the folder of starbound and reinstalled it so all my stuff is gone

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  6. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

A new patch was pushed to unstable to see if its working.
    I suggest downloading unstable and see if its fixed resply here, and then it will be pushed to stable.

Ultionisrex likes this.
  7. Kashmir

Kashmir Giant Laser Beams

@xxswatelitexx, I just posted on the steam forums (since they don't think to come here) for everyone having issues to install Unstable and try it. Then linked this thread for them to report. That way, CF will know if it does work or not.
    Hope you don't mind.

The | Suit likes this.
  8. Ultionisrex

Ultionisrex Space Hobo

My wife and I just tried the unstable version and it works - I didn't need to do ANYTHING with vc2015 or Windows. It looks like this patch fixed the problem. We'll keep playing to see if there are any resulting bugs.

The | Suit likes this.
  9. RyougaFox

RyougaFox Space Hobo

i installed and tried the unstable version,it loaded without any problems(i couldnt make work the stable version)

10. Jack Nief

Jack Nief Phantasmal Quasar

...That's odd. I don't have a 'prereqs' folder, nor the vc_redist exe files.What's really weird was that since getting the Pleased Giraffe Update, my Launcher worked just fine, but the hotfix suddenly rendered the launcher 'crash-on-start'... I can run the game directly, no problem... but the convenient launcher now has barely half a second to have a choice selected before it crashes.

11. endertrot

endertrot Cosmic Narwhal

i dont have a prereqs folder either, though im on vista instead of 7

12. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

That issue is unrelated to this then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.