Dev Blog Starbound 1.2 [UNSTABLE] Patch Notes

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Dec 7, 2016.

?

Which feature are you most excited about?

1. Terraforming

46 vote(s)
    26.3%
  2. Ancient Vaults

69 vote(s)
    39.4%
  3. Weapon upgrades

35 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Elemental damage

16 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Other (leave a comment!)

9 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Considering how one is to get the device in the first place, I don't see that as overpowered. I mean it is not like you can get them right from the beginning of the game. To me it sounds like you get them at end game; and at that moment, what would be OP... Plus you know, all that wait time in order for it to change the planet. :nurutease:

2. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Wait time, and having to gather five fucking thousand units of essence. And you'll need multiples of that amount to fill the progress bar all the way.

Tamorr and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  3. Atlantahammy

Atlantahammy Void-Bound Voyager

Aye, this is true xD I just had to make sure that's how the threat level was supposed to work.

Tamorr likes this.
  4. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I bet if you start digging down into the planet's dirt and remove the backwall, you CAN end up with an ocean.

5. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Too late, it's magma now :3

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  6. Tamamo89

Tamamo89 Pangalactic Porcupine

They would have to effect the entire planet. And wire do the only go surface deep. I'm not gonna even bother with terraformers then.

7. Flameofice

Flameofice Pangalactic Porcupine

Returning to the forums after god-knows-how long just to show support for this sentiment. The ones with shields are fine, but it took me around 5 minutes to bring an unprotected one down to a third of its health- probably more. I haven't seen an enemy or boss that tanky in any game, period.

Also, I haven't tried terraforming yet, but from what I've heard, you should probably reduce the amount of essence it requires- having to do 25 vaults to terraform a single planet is ridiculous when you can just travel to a new one.

Other than these, though, and some bugs I probably haven't seen, the update should be pretty ship-able.

8. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Well, if you don't like the amount it takes, you could always mod it, right? Either mod the amount it takes, or the amount you get.

9. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Except of course that modding is considered by many to be a filthy deed that should not be considered.

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  10. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

Especially with serverowners... Just because there is alwas that one person that uses them to break everything. So the owner turns allow mismatched assets to false, and noone gets to use any mods anymore. Not even ones the owner would allow, because then you can't use that option anymore.

11. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

And that... is why we can't have nice things.

12. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

To be fair Metadept did hint that there's supposed to be a certain way to bypass the defenses on those. So brute forcing those boss variants is not the way you're supposed to do it

13. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Check the nightly support forum. I flagged a problem with the colony deeds... and then fixed it for you :D

14. Tamamo89

Tamamo89 Pangalactic Porcupine

@mollygos
    I saw that a few assets have been removed. i.g. frozenflames which FU uses.
    Can we please get a comprehensive list of all assets being removed this version so we can rip the ones our mods depend on before the next release. :)

15. Healthire

Healthire Can't Most Program the Least

You guys are almost certainly missing a mechanic. I assure you that none of the bosses should be able to soak up damage for 5 minutes if you fight them correctly. Clearly there needs to be a better indication that there is another mechanic in play on those bosses. Also remember that they can have elemental resistances, which Armagon has been working on making more obvious for the next unstable update. Thank you for your feedback!

16. Zaflis

Zaflis Pangalactic Porcupine

Any plans to make multiplayer moddable too? Singleplayer with mods is fun for some time, but playing with friends is better. Especially if you play on dedicated server and make towns together. In current game that's not possible though, with workshop mods at least.

I find it odd you have left such a major feature out of the game.

(Before anyone tells me to add each individual mod in unique line in config file, don't even start. It's not a real solution.)

17. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

You do realize that you can just ask everyone to install the mods required, right? Because I know people play with mods together.

Dragonclaw likes this.
  18. Dino_Disco

Dino_Disco Void-Bound Voyager

Just make a mod collection on the workshop and have everyone subscribe to it.

19. voiditect

voiditect Scruffy Nerf-Herder

20. Pohany

Pohany Parsec Taste Tester

Code:
     Starbound - Unstable  ->  /spawnitem doomcannon

Jareix Cryvix and Lodish like this.