Dev Blog Starbound 1.2 [UNSTABLE] Patch Notes

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Dec 7, 2016.

?

Which feature are you most excited about?

1. Terraforming

46 vote(s)
    26.3%
  2. Ancient Vaults

69 vote(s)
    39.4%
  3. Weapon upgrades

35 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Elemental damage

16 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Other (leave a comment!)

9 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. Lance Lake

Lance Lake Void-Bound Voyager

Still no help with protecting your items on your ship.. Guess I will wait for the next update and hope for that then.

2. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

Depending on how much they've changed, I've been looking into hotbar mods for the past hour.
    If we can add more slots, I'm attempting to see how they can be manipulated as well. :)

I don't know about 100 bags... but maybe one more to compensate for the hotbar no longer being inventory real-estate.

3. ViralHatred

ViralHatred Void-Bound Voyager

Terraforming feels a little unpolished. For example it won't change oceans even when fully terraformed as a result you get whatever was at the bottom of the ocean (as well as the ocean type) still being there and the only way to change that is with the mini-biome terraformers.

Also there's no easy way to see how many sectors (how big is a sector of a planet, is it just blocks?) that it'll replace from that point. The planet's background changes really soon after terraforming (rather than closer to planets completion) which is a shame because I'd love to mix and match backgrounds and biomes.

I like how you can eventually remove a planets debuffs but it would be cool if there were a way to localise it instead of effecting the whole thing. Imagine being able to make safe areas on Tier 4/5/6 planets so you can go there on new characters and such. Also weather too. Terraforming has a lot of potential, I just don't want to see you guys squander it really.

Flake13 likes this.
  4. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

That is a quite a chunk of modding tools to be used. Going to enjoy the terraforming once this comes out. Hmm.. guess I have more reason to finish the story even more so now. :nurutease:

5. Mmklop

Mmklop Subatomic Cosmonaut

I give this 9.27tree/0.1hundred & negative 1-trillion

(that means I approve of you gallant endeavors to make me happy)

Flake13 and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  6. Omegagreen

Omegagreen Starship Captain

I have to go through the story to terraform? Sorry, I'm giving up on supporting this game. You did exactly what I hoped would not happen. And no, modders will never fix your mistakes.

7. DumpsterCat

DumpsterCat Space Hobo

Oh my god thank you Chucklefish! These post-launch updates are amazing, when I get back on break, I'm going to gift this game to a few of my friends who were hesitant about buying it before.

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  8. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Is there no way to just give yourself one?

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  9. Omegagreen

Omegagreen Starship Captain

Yes, but I like to do things legitimately. This game just doesn't suit me anymore.

10. TheGladex

TheGladex Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have to play through the game to get to the end game?! How dare you!

11. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Then do it legitimately... wow. You think going through the story is too big a hurdle? I can't begin to understand how you think. That doesn't sound like a reasonable complaint to me.

Not.
    Even.
    Close.

Well to each their own. Enjoy whatever game you play next.

12. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

So in other words you hate progression in your games. Good to know

DesVoeux, baconsama25, Kawa and 4 others like this.
  13. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

How dare CF want you to actually go through the content they poured countless man-hours into creating, how dare they want to make sure players have seen all of that stuff they developed.....

*sigh*

Why not just hand you T6 armor from the start, I mean, what's with all this mining crap we gotta do anyways? /sarcasm

DragonsForce and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  14. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Hey we don't want to go too offtopic do we? He made his decision and that's it.

~ Iris ~

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  15. BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747

BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747 Pangalactic Porcupine

When you see 1.2 has been released for Unstable on Twitter, scrolls down more, sees boss. NOPE NOPE SPOILERS NOOOOPE! *covers eyes while clicking on link, scrolls down to comment this*

DragonsForce and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  16. boybeastling

boybeastling Space Hobo

What if monsters, weapons, and armor resistance could be up to dual type? it'll make the battle system have the tactics system similar to pokemon. Now I have to make my pet kill another monster and go on a galactic pokemon journey

Flake13 likes this.
  17. Flake13

Flake13 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Gotta catch em all
    that said, do the RNG also get the elemental resistances, or is it only to the Special monsters?

18. Mythril-Jelly

Mythril-Jelly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Terraformers... I've been waiting a long time for this, a very long time. I wonder if this means I can bring home my favorite biomes without the hazardous weather and disruptive creatures.

Say... Turn a Barren world into a peaceful Midnight world, and build a massive city on it. I could get into this.

Arra and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  19. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

This is glorious!!

20. boybeastling

boybeastling Space Hobo

right now it looks like elemental damage only applys to procedurally generated monsters and weapons' damage, while elemental resistance only applies to monsters. No word on armor yet I think