Dev Blog Starbound 1.2 [UNSTABLE] Patch Notes

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Dec 7, 2016.

?

Which feature are you most excited about?

1. Terraforming

46 vote(s)
    26.3%
  2. Ancient Vaults

69 vote(s)
    39.4%
  3. Weapon upgrades

35 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Elemental damage

16 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Other (leave a comment!)

9 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. Jake_Kulp

Jake_Kulp Big Damn Hero

I'm in the unstable 1.2 I'm not sure where to find the Mysterious trader here on the outpost?

2. Captain Rage

Captain Rage Phantasmal Quasar

Lovely news! :) Now all I need is a good computer and spare time. :p

3. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

Has your char finished the main mission? If yes, did that happen in 1.2?

4. Zerukoba

Zerukoba Pangalactic Porcupine

Sound like a good time though I don't see why updated weapons need to look worst. Couldn't they stay the same with the upgraded damage? I agree with whoever said the sword now look like a bent pipe. Kinda defeat the reason to even have the feature, I want this weapon for the looks but it damage output can no longer keep up with me. An upgrade system should let you keep the weapon while increasing the damage. As it stand now the weapon design that I wanted is still stuck on the weaker version of the weapon. The feature didn't fix anything, you just added new weapons that cost old weapons and a new feature currency to get. Sorry but as a feature the weapon upgrading thing failed at doing what it was meant to do.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
    DraikNova and Flake13 like this.
  5. Jake_Kulp

Jake_Kulp Big Damn Hero

I'm re-running the ruin right now. We'll see!

No luck, I may be looking in the wrong place or must have to start a new character in order to properly trigger his spawning?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2016
  6. Piemanlives

Piemanlives Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh it's happening I see.

7. DragonsForce

Both possible. If he only spawns after finishing, it would probably be triggered by actually completing the quest (as in the Questlog) and not just succeed in the mission instance. I think that was already an issue in an earlier update, would have hoped for a workaround. It is however possible to fast-level a char with cheats (Although I do not know which ones)

8. Jake_Kulp

Jake_Kulp Big Damn Hero

Yeah, I'm not great with the file alterations. I guess I'll just keep posted here and on other fourms to see if anyone comes up with a fix. I'd really hoped that there would be a simple method. :/

9. DragonsForce

There probably is a flag you can set with a command. But I don't even know what the command to set a flag is, nevermind the name of this particular flag. @Kawa do you?

10. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Oh you put lots of goodies in this. No nightly for a while just so you could hit us with lots at once, eh?

So many things to play with.

11. Campaigner

Campaigner Giant Laser Beams

Sounds like I have a reason to boot up the game again since September. I just hope that fixing my only mod to work with the newest version won't be a nightmare!

The prospect of new monsters, and subsequently modding any "issues" with them being capturable, has me interested as well.

12. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Well, updating the felin was easy enough :)

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  13. 5future

5future Scruffy Nerf-Herder

weapon upgrades... excelent, now fist weapons can be what they should be... more powerful!! *^*

14. Jake_Kulp

Jake_Kulp Big Damn Hero

Please elaborate. I'd really like to explore these new ancient vaults!

15. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Just needed to remove a droppool from one of my custom monsters, and the starve state from my custom pet. Can't say anything about the vaults though.

16. Vuldreg

Vuldreg Cosmic Narwhal

I really enjoy the ideas of what potential planets i could make so the terraformer and even that microformer is some thing i can't wait to get hold of, Will love to see what i can actually make, I just hope that these are made in a way so they already contain compatibility with mod biomes as well so to skip what ever long wait would other wise be required for modders to get their biomes working on them.

17. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

All my mods work already except "Ships aren't Safe" mod doesn't apply elemental resistance and the change to damageRequest.hitType which probably triggers an error if dying on your ship. I could fix that to be compatible with stable and nightly easily enough I suppose.

Notepad++'s Replace in files feature may come very much in handy when you have many files to change. Just be sure to replace very specific strings with other very specific strings.

That's what you think.
    Code:
      local elementalStat = root.elementalResistance(damageRequest.damageSourceKind)
      local resistance = status.stat(elementalStat)
      damage = damage - (resistance * damage)
    Elemental resistance is futile.

boybeastling likes this.
  18. PixelPerfect

PixelPerfect Scruffy Nerf-Herder

...I have waited my whole life for this moment. Oh and there's Terraforming now. Cool.

19. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Yes, yes there is.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

DragonsForce, Ainzoal, Tamorr and 2 others like this.
  20. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

They already fixed one: the off-screen tooltips.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS, CF. It's taken a really long time but later is better than never! I'm so happy.

Also, moddable hotbars? I hope someone whips up a 12 button hotbar ASAP, lol.

And MORE inventory bags... haha, awesome. Psst, can someone whip up a mod for like 100 bags? lol

Jareix Cryvix and Inf_Wolf14 like this.