Dev Blog Starbound 1.0 is out now!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Personally, I feel like it's more of a child having just learned to walk. It's still a bit shaky, but I can't wait until this gymnast grows up... All it takes is determination and effort.

2. Xeriphel

Xeriphel Orbital Explorer

ok i have no idea where to put this and you guys are the only ones who respond to post:
    My computer chipset can use opengl 2.0 but he problem is that sommething else is making it so i can only use opengl 1.1, can someone help me please

3. Artembelov

Artembelov Yeah, You!

Ok thats great and all but im not willing to purchase the game until it can run on a horrible computer like mine waiting for optimization is killing me knowing there is this great game that i have no chance of playing in the near future as soon as it can run on a computer like mine of worse then i will feel comfortable purchasing it i tried to run the latest version with my notebook overclocked to 700mhz I got less than 10 fps on any planet the cpu and video card usaage is off the charts as far as my computer is concerned (its a fire hazard as now its normally 200mhz) heres the computer specs (BTW dont tell me to get a better computer because it was a miracle that i could afford this atleast
    Processor AMD A8-4555m APU with radeon
    Bios Insyde f.17 26.02.2015
    installed RAM 12GB ddr3 (i had to pay and arm and a leg for extra ram and i missed a couple meals to get it)
    OS Windows 10 PRO
    HP pavillion notebook 15 n211dx
    Only 700mb video memory

People like me dont need glorious graphics to be a happy player its nice but we for the most part dont care at all aslong as we can atleast play the game

Attached Files:

4. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Okay. I won't tell you to get a better computer. I'll tell you to get a bulk discount on punctuation.

Get a bulk discount on punctuation, buddy.

baconsama25 and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  5. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

So I quested around a Glitch Village when an Apex from the neighboring settlement came in, after somehow surviving the entire wilderness between here and there, with a quest for rescuing her friend from Floran kidnappers. After I rescued her friend, she asked me if I would protect her from Big Ape if I let her join my crew. The sort of courage required to desert the Miniknog and brave the outdoors unarmed is what I seek in my companions.

10/10 would aid the rebels again.

In all seriousness, that is all emergent gameplay. It wasn't scripted in the least. I was intrigued that a NPC managed to navigate her way to the next village. There is quite a bit of terrain with all sorts of nasties. I just assumed she took that big fat risk in order to flee the Miniknog with her friend, who got captured on the way to the next village, and saw in me the opportunity for freedom (She did make that request to join my crew with those exact same words). This is... brilliant, in all honesty.

In any case, I know I've asked this twice now, but are there still plans for console versions? And what are ChuckleFish's thoughts on Microsoft's Play Anywhere/consoles cross-play?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  6. dropdead

dropdead Big Damn Hero

Wait, what? I can not believe it! Just thought 'let's have a look how Starbund does' and have to see, I've missed the great day when you guys finally make it out of early access!

I own the game since 2013 and just want to say CONGRATS Chucklefish! :party:

7. Lintton

Lintton Guest

This was your first mistake(Nothing to do with Starbound's reqs, I'm just no fan of Windows 10). Runs fine on my years old windows 7 ultimate computer

Kawa likes this.
  8. skydart

skydart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ah, a bit late for the party - but congrats from here, too! :DD

9. EssstrategaxArg

EssstrategaxArg Master Chief

*apologizes for my english*

The game is amazing!!!!!!!!!!

The wait worth it

Congratulations chucklefish

I hope that you will updating it. But i have a couple of question. Why the generated monster don't have any special attack like old versions? And there will be more history missions in the future? I mean... nuru and esther are amazing characters