Dev Blog Starbound 1.0 is out now!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jul 22, 2016.

1. 23almaxx

23almaxx Space Spelunker

Hey for some reson my starbound on steam dosent work because of a Acces violation error and it kneeds to be fixed so if anyone knows any devs at the place that made starbound it wold be great for you to fix the problem thx.

2. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Considering it's probably difficult to account for all errors brought with large patches like this when used on different machines, they're probably working to fix these issues so people can play.

3. XeroOmega

XeroOmega Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, just sayin' i've been following starbound along since it's inception. Having a super great time playing 1.0. only caveat, i miss the weekly devblog updates. i frequented the site so often getting exited about everything coming our way towards 1.0. So many great things made it in. Now, although i'm playing and enjoying so much, i come back to the site as my weekly, many year long trip, to find there are no updates.

Just to give a little report, Starbound runs awesome on my machiene(to be expected on my specs). No crashes, no slowdowns, nice silky smooth feeling. I remember the days of yore, getting stuck because i was moving too fast and the next block had yet to render, but not anymore! I dunno about anyone else but for me every generation right up to 1.0 felt a little smoother.

Now time to dive back in! Now that we're 1.0 NO MORE WIPES, characters/universe forever!

I MISS THE NEWS! but, I LOVE THE GAME. Great job Chucklefish for being one of the few indie companies to make it all the way to a completed, full feature product. Keep makin' great games, and i'll keep supporting you awesome devs!

4. SideQuest

SideQuest Void-Bound Voyager

It needs a pause button!! So many times i've had to go do something and come back to find my guy died!

5. GoldenFluffGames

GoldenFluffGames Void-Bound Voyager

You guys still considering making the Director Mode? Or was that idea thrown away? I have been long awaiting for it!

Treadlight likes this.
  6. Martbounda

Martbounda Void-Bound Voyager

Finalmente! Grazie ! :confirm:
    I am so happy for the devs and the players like me ,who supported the game since alpha version !
    The Universe is waiting us!

7. Jareix Cryvix

Sorry, but I think that was dropped when this game went from "advanced roleplaying software" to "expansive sandbox w/ roleplaying elements"

8. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Source? I was under the impression it was going to be added post-1.0.

9. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

The punishment for theft is not implemented?

10. MarioKart7z

MarioKart7z Void-Bound Voyager

Yes it is implemented, but it only kicks in if you steal furniture, not take stuff from crates/chests.

11. Jareix Cryvix

None. I'm just under an assumption. After all, is their vision back then really the same as the one now?

12. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

Too easy, I gathered material for armor in the rebel camp.

13. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

It has always be a thing that they had in mind. Said if they are, it will be after 1.0; just like many other things with an if. Although that one was one they were more likely.

14. TSphonia

TSphonia Void-Bound Voyager

I've wanted and waited for this moment for forever, but the problem is...
    As soon as the full version was released, I continue to get this error stating that the game can't connect to OpenGL 2.0
    So as of release, I can't play the game.
    :(

15. survival

survival Poptop Tamer

First of, 10/10 for starbound ^~^
    Welp FPS is shitty* and I do believe there will be a patch so ill be patient. I believe the problem could possibly be the steam-joinable through single player or whatnot (i mean think about it, your constantly "hosting" the game)

*Fps is 1-5 in ships, 10-20 on planets and drops randomly when in combat (playable but not enjoyable)

16. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Disable Vsync in starbound.config to increase FPS.

17. survival

survival Poptop Tamer

Yep it went from 12ish to 20fps :l
    Welp this is the time we wait for the patch.
    --- Post updated ---
    This game is a GREAT game q.q

18. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

No one saw the mod for the manufacture of ammunition?

19. Roosterbutt3

Roosterbutt3 Big Damn Hero

I feel like I'm watching a child grow up and go to college now. :lickitung: Great Job

20. gost000

gost000 Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having a lot of lag with this new update,before it was playable :(