Dev Blog Starbound 1.0 is out now!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Germaine

Germaine Poptop Tamer

So what techs are available now in 1.0? Only the ones that can be upgraded at the outpost, or are there still other types of tech available? Why not let the player find secret techs that are unknown even to the scientist at the outpost. Honestly, i'm kind of missing the tech that enabled flying. Why not also add a jetpack tech or somethng similar to the game. In my opinion this is the most obvious idea people should come up with for a space exploring game like starbound. Also, please add back cluster grenadelaunchers, they were somuch fun. I found a shotgun with a shrapnel grenade, but it is low level and i'm sure there are non of them legendary with higher stats. It's also not asmuch fun as the cluster grenade launchers from angry koala. Greetings!

Treadlight and StarScribe like this.
  2. AnarchyBlues

AnarchyBlues Starship Captain

You can't optimize games for sh*t fellas.

Treadlight likes this.
  3. Germaine

Germaine Poptop Tamer

What?

4. ArmageddonDevil

ArmageddonDevil Void-Bound Voyager

just watched the trailer :nuruhype::cry::V

5. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

And you never will. Novakids don't have settlements.

6. bubuavatar

bubuavatar Void-Bound Voyager

anyone else experiencing texture disappearing and crashes?

7. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

speak for yourself. Game runs silky smooth for me and my friends

8. Apple Kid

Apple Kid Big Damn Hero

Props to you guys for finally fully releasing the game, but has anyone figured out how the heck we get our old characters back?
    Cause the old having a backup file saved trick ain't workin' and it is highly irritating.

9. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

You can remake them. Give them all they had before. That sort of thing. Other than that, sorry. But your be missing out on a lot if you didn't wipe.

10. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

Old stable characters are INCOMPATIBLE. they said as much during the stream

11. Apple Kid

Apple Kid Big Damn Hero

Already wiped everything and honestly kinda disappointed.
    Gonna just "try" to get use to it.
    --- Post updated ---
    Swell, time to start over again i guess.

12. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

mod? Not far as I know. The characters have changed a lot in format, or well the file anyway.

There use to be one in the Koala era. But that only worked mainly for Koala.

There is a save editor... but I don't know if that is updated... and not something I would even touch personally.

So if there is one, then I am unaware of it, as it is not something I would go out of my way to look for. :nurutease:

13. AvalonArrival

AvalonArrival Void-Bound Voyager

Pinky are you thinking what im thinking?
    --- Post updated ---
    Anyone elses heart melted when watching the end of the launch trailer?
    --- Post updated ---
    Soooooo trying to play it... but every time I try to launch it I get this error saying the content is still encrypted? help anyone?

Tamorr likes this.
  14. bubuavatar

bubuavatar Void-Bound Voyager

comparing to early access beta builds, the 1.0 is well optimized
    if you experiencing stutters there must be an issues with you computer hardware

15. AVSManfred

AVSManfred Subatomic Cosmonaut

ehh you're not going to look for it, but maybe at least you know someone who would ? anyways, i know that transfering end game character from previous version might look like cheating, but oww come one i'm not going to repeat everything for 9 times, enought that i've alrady made fresh new character for my crew, also ther's one thing that makes me a little bit annoyed that when i tryed to recreate one of my characters i couldn't write into "name" section enthire 3 segment name which contains name, nickname and lastname, an i would really like a field for nickname to get added.

16. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

actually I don't, because it has been that long... I believe look up starcheat, as that is a character editor. Don't know if it is updated, since I don't use those things. Probably why I had almost forgotten the conversion program that was used long ago. I don't even remember whom even made the thing.

As to the name I think they shortened it so it would actually show up fully. 16 character long or something... I don't usually make first/last name combos, but most of mine that I do that with usually fit 16 characters.

I mainly only have read up on things in the past, as I have been here since 2013. Not that I remember every thing, as I am lucky to recognize certain names from that time. ><

Well I guess like I said the only thing to look into is starcheat and see if that fancies what you are looking for. Someone else would most likely know better than my poor old brain. :nurutease:

17. StarScribe

StarScribe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Why did we not get the "Server Side Character" feature that was promised to be released during BETA or upon 1.0 release... it was stated few years back even and I desperately need it as a server host. :'(

Treadlight and Pingeh like this.
  18. Alexmo

Alexmo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So yay finnaly starbound is released so what i guess next is ps4 and xbox one and maybe hopefuly nx

19. Akuris

Akuris Void-Bound Voyager

Hey um ChuckleFish, idk if this is a bug but when i play as my avali and fight the Erchius Horror, my game freezes after i fired the laser drill at the boss once and i have to exit out of the game, do you think it's because of the mod or do you think it's a bug???

20. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

If it only occurs when you play as an avali, then it is most certainly the mod.