Stackable Crops

Discussion in 'Other' started by HoodieNinja_7, Jul 30, 2016.

1. HoodieNinja_7

HoodieNinja_7 Pangalactic Porcupine

Alright, so 1.0 is fun and all, but this one thing has been annoying me to no end: A lot of food doesn't stack.

Now, cooked dishes, I can understand, but potatoes? Tomatoes? They don't stack, either! And they don't rot, so what's the point?

Honestly, if you harvest it directly from a plant, it should be stackable. Otherwise, large scale farms, like the sort I used to build to relax, become endlessly and needlessly frustrating to build and maintain. This is one area beta was much better in, along with the general faster pace to the questing, and more useful and personalized ship AI. I can't believe we have to mod our old racial AI back in. Even more so, I can't believe that my character can't figure out how to efficiently carry potatoes. Sure, 1.0 feels more like a complete game, but late beta was just more fun because of things like this. A lot of things that should feel like accomplishments just feel like inconveniences, and non-stacking basic food items are a part of that problem.

It isn't realistic, either. I mean, I can carry hundreds of cubic feet of stone, but not more than 30 potatoes? How heavy are these things?

2. Sirrobert

Sirrobert Big Damn Hero

I'm pretty sure Potatoes and Tomatoes do rot.

3. Jaguar779

Jaguar779 Void-Bound Voyager

only cooking ingredients (sugar, wheat, etc) will stack. There is a steam workshop mod right in the top 3-4 popular mods for it though.

4. alextulinov

alextulinov Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It would be great if the devs added a system where cooked food stacks up to 5, picked food to 10 and food that doesn't rot stacks to 1000