[STABLE] Glad Giraffe Update 2

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Blog Post

2. Pilchenstein

Pilchenstein Ketchup Robot

Just a heads up, although this post and the launcher refer to this update as "Update 1", the title screen is saying "Update 2".

lemon flavoured and renbear like this.
  3. Fishinspace

Fishinspace Space Hobo

Hello,

I found a bug where the screen turns white whenever we teleport to it and then it brings me back to my ship. My son also has the same problem. We have at least 7 NPCs from colony deeds living on the planet.

The problem first occurred when I tried taking down a large wooden crate, the screen would go white for 2 secs then I would be on my ship. I teleported back to the planet, and the crate was there placed so I took the floor beneath it and now it won't even let us land.

4. Picky Yuuto

Picky Yuuto Void-Bound Voyager

A game breaking bug that hasn't been fixed (although i'm not sure if discovered) is when you have a past update watering can in a storage unit (mine was a weapon chest) and you break the chest, the game teleportes you to your ship and you cannot go back to that area. This was encounted in my mining facility, and while it doesn't affect my gameplay, it could affect others dramatically.

5. Oh no! I oopsed. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

6. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

@mollygos: What about reenabling the Christmas objects? Is that still planned?

Akre likes this.
  7. Vuldreg

Vuldreg Cosmic Narwhal

Good to see the monsters all becoming aggressive was just a bug, Although it wasn't hard to fight them it just got annoying having to kill every single monsters i encounter.

Yobi and cheeseywiz98 like this.
  8. GeneralM13

GeneralM13 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't wanna sound as a nag but PLEASE do something about the HORRIBLE FPS soon... I have a computer with a card that should be able to run Starbound easily but all i get is 25FPS in the Outpost while my GPU and CPU sitting there picking their noses (CPU @ 50ish% and GPU at less then 10% load) i have tried stuff ranging from adding the game to my Nvidia Control panel and god knows what else...

I Really love this game but i cannot play it if my FPS keeps dropping like a brick

Narks, Hatsya Souji and FoxDood_KMG like this.
  9. Ormata

Ormata Orbital Explorer

@mollygos is there a way to use the save from the previous version on the new patch because when the patch came out and I updated to update 2 my player from update 1 disappeared and would like to still play as him.

10. JunosatoRyu

JunosatoRyu Pangalactic Porcupine

Not a Bug report, but wanted to say that I like this game alot and love watching it grow.

Stay awesome!

11. rarirouyai

rarirouyai Void-Bound Voyager

That "Merchant Quest" was the "Deliver it to my friend" quest?
    Thank god that was done, but it's too late T.T
    Goodbye quest that I didn't complete, I will miss you ;-;

12. DiamondDovah

DiamondDovah Void-Bound Voyager

Isn't the slowness going to be fixed?

13. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

What slowness would that be? If its about frame rates then its just optimisation and will likely be a focus closer to release. If its moveing slowly backwards thats intendeed. If its moveing slowly while wet or in a sandstorm thats intendeed as well.

14. Ormata

Ormata Orbital Explorer

upon the new patch did all your current characters get wiped? :unsure:

15. SipTech

SipTech Space Hobo

So like someone else pointed out, there is a massive FPS issue in game, its not computer side, just after a patch it just became close to unbearable, the lag was so legit real my character stopped moving or moved so slow that i just couldn't play it anymore. This didn't happen before that combat patch but after that the lag/fps drop for the initial teleport into places is insane. The places i find it most is teleport to outpost via teleport station, teleport to player home via teleport station either it be by ship or outposts shop teleporter, and now since we got the big ship and decorated it with some nice stuff (didn't go overboard) my own ship now lags... its bothersome to a very high extreme but i love the game so i tolerate it. -This is all on the same level with my girlfriends setup.

Yobi and Hatsya Souji like this.
  16. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

I was wondering why there was so many aggressive mobs. Only found 1 that wasn't, and that looked like it was part of the old ones. Everything else was too touchy. Glad that was fixed, as it was disturbing to have on the very first planet.

Thank you for the update. :)

17. Murplesman

Murplesman Void-Bound Voyager

You guys should really do a procedural/exploration overhaul. There is plenty of suggestions in the planetary/environment section of the forums. Also, same with SipTech I've been having major frame rate issues. That should be worked on quite a bit before release :)

PS Would you guys remove the damage on touching a monster? It makes combat feel much more like a show of brute force.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
    PixelPerfect and Hatsya Souji like this.
  18. skydart

skydart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hm. So the update fixes the monsters all being aggressive... but my (once again) newborn Floran heroine is chased by all creatures (except bunnies) nonetheless. But she really don't want to hunt them all down, honest! (hides sword behind her back)

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  19. sime

sime Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I dont know if it is a bug but in my game all monster/enemies/NPCs walk/attack/move extremely slowly while my character and everything else moves normaly. its as if they were programed to be that slow. I even thought my bullets would have that movement delay but the speed on them is normal and enemies get hit normaly. Its just that they are extremely slow.
    Chucklefish you should pay your game monsters they are getting lazy hehe.

20. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

That is because the creatures that spawn on planets are not defined as "passive". The fix applies to creatures that are supposed to be passive when spawned, and you can probably only access them for now through modding or admin commands. Before this update, they were all 100% aggressive.

cheeseywiz98 and skydart like this.