Spouse-Based Farm Designs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LuthienNightwolf, Apr 23, 2017.

1. LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Are you struggling to come up with a plan for your next farm layout? Wondering what you should focus on? Why not let your intended spouse decide?

I had this idea when helping my mom come up with ideas for her next farm, and I thought, why not figure it out for ALL the spouses? lol As you know, each bachelor/bachelorette has their own list of Loved items, so my idea here is to let those items set the stage for what you include in your farm.

I have too much time on my hands, so I dug through the wiki for you and broke it down for each spouse, and now I'm sharing the fruits of my labor with you! Read on to see if any of these farms sound like the right fit for you. :)

Character: Alex
    Loved Items: Complete Breakfast, Salmon Dinner

What you'll need: Eggs, Milk, Potatoes, Wheat Flour, Oil, Salmon, Amaranth, Kale

Your farm: You'll have a garden where you'll grow potatoes, kale, wheat, corn, amaranth, and sunflowers. You'll need a mill and a few oil machines to make the wheat flour and oil. You'll be raising chickens and cows for the eggs and milk. You'll need to do a lot of fishing in the Fall for the salmon.

Character: Elliot
    Loved Items: Crab Cakes, Duck Feather, Lobster, Pomegranate, Tom Kha Soup

What you'll need: Crab, Wheat Flour, Eggs, Oil, Duck Feathers, Lobster, Pomegranate, Coconut, Shrimp, Common Mushrooms

Your farm: You'll raise chickens and ducks for the eggs and feathers. You'll have a giant orchard of pomegranate trees. You'll need lots of crab pots set up at the beach for the crabs, shrimp and lobster. You'll grow wheat, and either corn or sunflowers, and you'll need a mill to make the flour and oil. You can go to the desert on Mondays to buy coconuts. You'll need to choose the mushroom option for your farm cave to get common mushrooms.

Character: Harvey
    Loved Items: Coffee, Pickles, Super Meal, Truffle Oil, Wine

What you'll need: Coffee Beans, Truffles, Bok Choy, Cranberries, Artichoke

Your farm: In spring and summer you'll focus on coffee plants, turning the beans into coffee in a brewery where you'll need lots of kegs and preserves jars. In Fall, you'll grow bok choy, cranberries, and artichokes, all of which can be turned into wine and pickles. You'll raise pigs for the truffles and keep a few oil makers to turn them into oil.

Character: Sam
    Loved Items: Cactus Fruit, Maple Bar, Pizza, Tigerseye

What you'll need: Cactus Fruit, Maple Syrup, Sugar, Wheat Flour, Tomato, Cheese, Tigerseye

Your farm: A good chunk of your farm will be devoted to maple trees with tappers placed on them. You'll grow beets, wheat and tomatoes, and you'll need a mill to make the sugar and wheat flour. You'll raise cows for the milk used to make the cheese. You can keep crystalariums for the Tigerseye. You can go to the desert on Tuesdays for the Cactus Fruit.

Character: Sebastian
    Loved Items: Frozen Tear, Obsidian, Pumpkin Soup, Sashimi, Void Egg

What you'll need: Frozen Tear, Obsidian, Pumpkin, Milk, Any Fish, Void Eggs

Your farm: You'll grow pumpkins, and raise void chickens and cows for the milk and eggs. You can keep crystalariums for the Frozen Tears and Obsidian. You can go fishing pretty much any time for the fish to make sashimi.

Character: Shane
    Loved Items: Beer, Hot Peppers, Pepper Poppers, Pizza

What you'll need: Wheat and Wheat Flour, Hot Peppers, Cheese, Tomatoes

Your farm: A large brewery filled with kegs making beer. A mill producing wheat flour. Your garden will grow wheat, hot peppers and tomatoes. You'll raise cows for the milk to make the cheese.

Character: Abigail
    Loved Items: Amethyst, Blackberry Cobbler, Chocolate Cake, Pufferfish, Pumpkin, Spicy Eel

What you'll need: Amethyst, Blackberries, sugar, wheat flour, eggs, pufferfish, pumpkin, eel, hot pepper

Your farm: You'll grow beets, wheat, pumpkins and hot peppers. You'll need to gather lots of blackberries in Fall. A mill will produce the sugar and wheat flour. You'll raise chickens for the eggs. Keep a crystalarium making amethyst, and go fishing in Summer for Pufferfish and in spring and fall when it rains for the eel.

Character: Emily
    Loved Items: Amethyst, Aquamarine, Cloth, Emerald, Jade, Ruby, Topaz, Wool, Survival Burger

What you'll need: Amethyst, Aquamarine, Emerald, Jade, Ruby, topaz, Wool, Wheat Flour, Cave Carrot, Eggplant

Your farm: Keep a whole row of crystalariums producing all the gems! Raise sheep for the wool and use looms to make it into cloth. Gather cave carrots in the mines, and grow wheat and eggplant in your garden. You'll also need a mill to make flour.

Character: Haley
    Loved Items: Coconut, Fruit Salad, Pink Cake, Sunflower

What you'll need: Coconut, Blueberry, Melon, Apricot, Wheat Flour, Sugar, Egg, Sunflowers

Your farm: Go to the desert on Mondays for the coconuts. Raise chickens for the eggs. Keep an orchard full of Apricot trees. You'll grow blueberries, melons, wheat, beets and sunflowers. You'll need a mill to make the flour and sugar.

Character: Leah
    Loved Items: Goat Cheese, Poppyseed Muffin, Salad, Stir Fry, Truffle, Vegetable Medley, Wine

What you'll need: Goat Milk, Poppy, Wheat Flour, Sugar, Leek, Dandelion, Vinegar, Cave Carrot, Common Mushroom, Kale, Oil, Truffle, Tomato, Beet, Any fruit (for the wine)

Your farm: You'll be growing poppies, wheat, beets, Spring seeds, kale, sunflowers or corn (depending on how you want to make the oil), and tomatoes. You can also grow any fruit to make the wine, be it from your garden or an orchard. You'll need a mill for the flour and sugar. Choose the mushroom cave for the common mushrooms. Gather cave carrots in the mines. Raise goats and pigs.

Character: Maru
    Loved Items: Battery Pack, Cauliflower, Cheese Cauliflower, Diamond, Gold Bar, Iridium Bar, Miner's Treat, Pepper Poppers, Rhubarb Pie, Strawberry

What you'll need: Battery Pack, Cauliflower, Milk, Diamond, Gold Bar, Iridium Bar, Hot Peppers, Rhubarb, Sugar, Wheat Flour

Your farm: Will probably look more industrial on at least part of it. Devote a large area to lightning rods, furnaces and crystalariums. Grow strawberries, rhubarb, beets, hot pepper, wheat, and cauliflower. Use a mill to produce sugar and flour. Raise cows for the milk and cheese. Do lots of mining and gather cave carrots while you're down there.

Character: Penny
    Loved Items: Diamond, Emerald, Melon, Poppy, Poppyseed Muffin, Red Plate, Roots Platter, Sandfish, Tom Kha Soup

What you'll need: Diamond, Emerald, Melon, Poppy, Wheat Flour, Sugar, Beets, Red Cabbage, Radish, Cave Carrots, Winter Root, Common Mushroom, Sandfish, Coconut, Shrimp

Your farm: Keep a couple of crystalariums making diamonds and emeralds. You can forage in the mines for the cave carrots, and in winter for the winter roots. Or, you can grow Winter seeds for the roots. Your garden will grow melon, poppy, wheat, beets, red cabbage, and radish. Choose the mushrooms for the farm cave. Place crab pots at the beach for the shrimp and visit the desert on Monday for the coconuts. You can also fish while you're there to get the sandfish. You won't need to raise any animals on this farm!

And there you have it guys! You can of course always add to these farms with any crops, trees and animals you'd like for yourself, after all it's not ALL about the spouse. The farmer's gotta get theirs too. ;D This is just a general idea for those who might want to challenge themselves to specialize in only certain things on their farm. If you try it out, show off your farm here. :3

• xMel248

xMel248 Void-Bound Voyager

I love this idea, I already grow specific crops for certain people, like Pumpkins for Willy, Abigail and Krobus, and Sunflowers for Hayley, It would be completely different to dedicate my whole farm to them though. Il have to keep this in mind for a future play through. Thanks for the idea!

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
      • sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

Haha, this is really cool! I would use this idea, but unfortunately I go through too many divorces. This may be good to keep in mind if you want to pick a farm layout best suited. The riverlands farm may be good for alex to catch salmon.

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
        • Ambaaargh

Ambaaargh Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

With Harvey as my primary games spouse, gotta say he's probably one of the easiest to give different loved items to consistently. Its super easy to pickle things, most folks make wine anyways, coffee is pretty common as well. In the fall I usually can make enough super meals to last for a few years. Its like Mon-Wed-Fri I give him pickes, Tues-Thurs I give him coffee before he goes to work, Sat I give a a super meal, and Sun its wine. And then truffle oil on special occasions. :iswydt:

I admit I like to pick my farms based on spouse aesthetic. Like Leah and the forest farm seem like an expected combo. :rofl: