1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Spigot 2.8

The Infinite Liquid Generator

1. Necrovore

Necrovore Pangalactic Porcupine

Necrovore submitted a new mod:

Spigot - The Infinite Liquid Generator

Read more about this mod...

2. KeberonNew

KeberonNew Intergalactic Tourist

Good day! I beg forgiveness for my English I don't know, and translates the program.
    Wish to say Thank You for this mod! Me to create traps in dire need of a generator poison and oil!
    About Your problem with scripts allow you to create lava patok under the pressure of the water may be advisable to take for the basis of this resource http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/lava-spawner.2595/ Owner like it was thrown and not giving clothes to create other liquids but its lava if it is locked in stone pocket on the infinite creation and later opened a real eruption with fountains. I personally tested on game version 666 Giraffe. You may understand and scripts in fashion WA complete your!
    I shall be with impatience to wait from You for the renewal of operating in immersion under pressure. And once again thank You for the mod!

3. Necrovore

I am glad you are enjoying my mod. I looked at the lava spawner, the effect is the same as if I allowed the spigot to continue spawning liquid while submerged. What I would like to do is set it so that is you only put a small amount of liquid in the spawner, you could leave it running and if you unblock the room it would not erupt, but if you place a large stack of liquid in the spawner, then if you leave it running and open a door it would flood out at high pressure. This would require a function that could check the liquid pressure at a location and return a number I could compare things to. The game is still in beta so I shall wait and see if such a function is added in the future. I may put out a version of my mod without the disable while submerged option if enough people ask for it.

4. Xavius

Xavius Cosmic Narwhal

I, personally, would like the 'disabled while submerged' option removed, because I want to be able to make geysers using the Dirt Trapdoor items and over-pressurized pits. Just throwing in my two cents on the subject.

5. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

I can maybe fix your sprite up if you want.

6. Necrovore

Feel free to give it a go, just keep to the format used in the current sprites for the image sizes and toss em up here when you finish, I can add them straight in then. You might want to wait a bit though for:
    Eh, guess I will, though I think I'll make it a second item with a smaller sprite and just copy over most of the code. Give people the option for the safe to use one they can accidentally leave running, and the trap one. Word of warning, I have no idea how the game handles trying to add more liquid to a max pressure area, it could lead to a crash if left running to long and I would be unable to detect when it is about to happen. That is the primary reason I held off on just letting it go indefinitely.

7. Xavius

Xavius Cosmic Narwhal

Don't worry, it doesn't. I left the lava-only modded one to fill a 3x3 space for an hour while I made dinner one evening. I flooded an entire base and launched myself (in a boat) high enough I died of fall damage in Impervium Armor on a x786 gravity world.

crystalcrasher likes this.
  8. Necrovore

Necrovore updated Spigot with a new update entry:

The Spout!

Read the rest of this update entry...

9. Xavius

Xavius Cosmic Narwhal

I love it when these 'what's up with the mod now' updates are all in-character. Makes me giggle when the salesman patter is done perfectly.

10. Necrovore

Glad you enjoyed it. I'm particularly amused by the way I implied the automatic cutoff in the spigot is the reason it can't be placed on a floor. :D

11. Necrovore

Improved design!

12. GROVER CURES HOUSES

GROVER CURES HOUSES Void-Bound Voyager

Carrying on from the FU thread, any reason you can't, um, do this:

ID, name, dropItem
    1,water,liquidwater
    2,lava,liquidlava
    3,poison,liquidpoison
    4,alienjuice,liquidalienjuice
    5,tarliquid,liquidoil
    6,healingliquid,liquidhealing
    7,milk,liquidmilk
    8,coffee,liquidcoffee
    10,liquidnitrogen,liquidwater
    11,fuel,liquidfuel
    40,bloodliquid,liquidblood
    41,bio_oze,liquidbioooze
    42,blacktar,liquidblacktar
    43,organicsoup,liquidorganicsoup
    44,protociteliquid,vialproto
    45,swampwater,liquidswampwater
    46,sulphuricacid,liquidsulphuricacid
    47,irradiumliquid,liquidirradium

Pieced together with three very crude regexes that can be set to repeat the process more or less automatically. Note corelava being skipped. Magic! Here, have a table:

liquids[liquidwater] = 1
    liquids[liquidlava] = 2
    liquids[liquidpoison] = 3
    liquids[liquidalienjuice] = 4
    liquids[liquidoil] = 5
    liquids[liquidhealing] = 6
    liquids[liquidmilk] = 7
    liquids[liquidcoffee] = 8
    liquids[liquidwater] = 10
    liquids[liquidfuel] = 11
    liquids[liquidblood] = 40
    liquids[liquidbioooze] = 41
    liquids[liquidblacktar] = 42
    liquids[liquidorganicsoup] = 43
    liquids[vialproto] = 44
    liquids[liquidswampwater] = 45
    liquids[liquidsulphuricacid] = 46
    liquids[liquidirradium] = 47

If the format changes and itemDrop gets renamed, you change two words, hit a button and the table is regenerated with the latest info. Need to rearrange it a bit? The entire thing is liquids[${DROP}] = ${ID}, move some letter around.

13. Necrovore

Okay, just read through the whole conversation again to make sure I was keeping everything straight. The earliest issue was checking to see if the table on the wiki was up to date with the liquids in FU, it is not. The goal there is to keep that accurate so that mod makers know what IDs are taken to avoid conflicts. Next issue was adding them to my mod, not hard at all, and in fact already done and released. What I meant by my earlier comments to access the IDs from within the lua is that if I had the ability to access the ingame table of liquid IDs and associated names I could design my mod in such a way that I would no longer have to update it to include every new mod that adds a liquid, it would automatically pull the required info at runtime as the script executes. Any small scripts or programs I do on my side to automatically generate the tables like you showed would still require me to push a new update for every new mod or change to liquids. In addition, it would require me to track down and download all those mods for each update as well to get that data. I don't actually use the FU mod myself, in fact I only use 5 mods total for Starbound, and two of them I wrote myself. Pulling the data out of liquids.config.patch files is easy enough to do manually, knowing when I have to do so is the challenging part.

14. Necrovore

Chocolate Fountains!

15. Necrovore

Shiny Spigot

16. Necrovore

Self Cleaning

17. OrblePigeon

OrblePigeon Void-Bound Voyager

Hey so I was wondering how do I craft the spigot?

18. Necrovore

The Spigot and Spout should both be crafted at the wiring station. They require the same materials as basically every other wiring item, I'll change the recipe at some point in the future when CF actually balances the material costs of the various wiring items.

19. Necrovore

Airtight!

20. Archangel1313

Archangel1313 Void-Bound Voyager

Hmm...something has gone wrong.

I used the spigot to make a fountain of healing water outside my base, went back up to my ship for something, and when I came back down...the WorldFile had re-set itself.
    No more base. :wtf:

I checked the log files, and there were variations of
    " No such asset '/objects/wired/spigot/default' ", and
    " No associated frames file found for image '/objects/wired/spigot/default' while resolving image frame '/objects/wired/spigot/default:default.off' ".

I'm not too sure how that caused a wipe of my WorldFile, but I also have no idea how you got this mod to work, in the first place...so...help please?
    This mod is exactly what I was looking for, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.