Modding Help Specific Temporary Sprite

Discussion in 'Mods' started by apiooo, Mar 26, 2017.

1. apiooo

apiooo Space Spelunker

Quick question: How do I change/edit the specificTemporarySprites that spawn in game for certain events? I have looked through what feels like all of the games files, and I can't see the place where they are actually defined.

To take an example, for Leah's four heart event there is a little picnic table that spawns in the forest per the following Forest Event code:

54/f Leah 2500/t 1100 1600/z winter: "50s/-1000 -1000/farmer 87 40 3 Leah 76 40 1/skippable/specificTemporarySprite leahPicnic/viewport 77 40 true/move farmer -10 0 3/...

Is it possible to move this item, or change the way it looks? I can't find the files to find out!

• Hammurabi

Hammurabi Big Damn Hero

The game is using hard-coded references to sprites in Content\LooseSprites\Cursors.xnb for the specificTemporarySprite data.

It looks like the sprite in question is on the lower-left, slightly below the "Journey of the Prairie King" logo.

Note that unpacking/repacking the Cursors.xnb file is very prone to causing compression problems on the numerous transparent sprites it contains, with the tell-tale effect being "dusty" window lighting. Using XNB Node v0.2.2 to unpack and repack the file seems to handle the transparency without any issues.

Androxilogin likes this.