Modding Help Spawning Trees/Saplings

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by hennalang, Oct 3, 2015.

1. hennalang

hennalang Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello! I've been looking all over, and the information I'm finding is rather confusing to me.

What I'm trying to accomplish is the ability to spawn the trees that don't leave saplings, so I can place them on other planets- specifically the geometric crystal and ice globe ones.

I know it has something to do with stemName and foliageName... Is there a master list one would be able to find? And how would I find it and then use it to spawn the trees that I want?

I'm familiar with simpler things like:

/spawnitem simplecapeback 1 '{"colorIndex":10}'

But it looks like spawning trees is much more involved.

Thank you for your time. :)

1nfinitezer0 likes this.
  2. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

Best Answer
    hennalang and 1nfinitezer0 like this.
  3. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

Here's an example:

Code:
    /spawnitem sapling 1 '{"stemName":"snowtwisted","stemHueShift":-3.48071,"foliageName":"snowredleaves","foliageHueShift":-41.7726}'
    stemName: the name of the trunk/stem portion of the tree.
    foliageName: the name of the leaf portion of the tree.

Both of these values can be found by going through the /plants/trees files. For instance, going into the /plants/trees/snow/stem folder gives me a whole bunch of stem names like "snowfleshy" and "snowmetal"

"stemHueShift" and "foliageHueShift" determine the color of the stem and leaves respectively (within a certain range). I'm not sure exactly how these values affect the color outcome, so you may just have to play around a bit and see what happens.

4. hennalang

Oh wow, thank you.

So to find these folders, do I need to somehow unpack the assets pack? I cannot find the plants folder otherwise.

5. 1nfinitezer0

1nfinitezer0 Cosmic Narwhal

hennalang likes this.
  6. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

Best Answer
    hennalang and 1nfinitezer0 like this.
  7. hennalang

Thank you both! :)