1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Spawning Crew with Console Commands

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Jonesy, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Recently, I've been reshuffling my ship crew in order to be a little more useful. In particular, I'm looking to find a chemist equipped with blue stim packs, in order to provide a jump boost while on my ship. However, after two days of doing NPC quests, I've only managed to find a couple of new chemists, either with green stim packs I already have or yellow ones I simply don't need (due to my EPP light augment). Even worse is that the wiki states that scientist NPCs have a 25% chance of being any one of the four chemist types, and the only two scientists who have offered to join my crew were as a janitor and a soldier, for some inexplicable reason.

Looking at the wiki, I see it's also possible to spawn NPC crew members. However, they're listed as combat allies, and I'm not sure if that means I can add them as permanent crew members. So, is that possible? Or is there some other way of acquiring the kind of chemist I want without continual trial-and-error?

2. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

I don't know about the commands all that much, but seems possible.

What I roughly know, if not against the idea, is that job offers mod should along side one-click hiring, show who they are before hiring. That is if I remember correctly.

Jonesy likes this.
  3. Jonesy

Well, it turns out that's the case, since I just tried it out and I was able to hire them. That sorts that out, then.

Tamorr likes this.
  4. CarelessGuy

CarelessGuy Void-Bound Voyager

I know these posts are kind of old, but I have a question, just incase you know. If I where to spawn a crewmember WHILE in my ship, would they automatically become my crew even if I'm at the limit? I have a mod that is supposed to let me have unlimited crew, but it's not working, soooooooooo

5. Jonesy

I have no idea, sorry. You'd be better off asking on the mod's discussion thread, instead of piggybacking the issue on this one.

6. xxnight

xxnight Void-Bound Voyager

/spawnnpc (type of character) crewmemberchemistblue