Modding Help Spawned fishes vanish instantly

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Lazy Joe, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Lazy Joe

Lazy Joe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I am trying to complete my fishing catalogue, also recently just discovered that we can also capture them with relocator after you pulled it onto land, and then they can be used as aquarium fish.

So to complete the fish catalogue, i obviously will fish them legit. But for the aquarium i want to make it happen faster and i tried to spawn them, however, after spawned, you can see the faint shadow of the fish for a short moment and they disappear right away.

Is there a way to spawn fishes like how we can spawn other critters?

2. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

It may work if you cast your line in the water to catch the fish as you spawn it.

3. Lazy Joe

Just tried, doesnt work, same result, a faint shadow of the fish and then it instantly vanishes.

4. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

Few more options may include: catching it with the re-locator before it is gone, spawning it on land, or adding a persistent tag to the fish through the spawn command to block its despawning.

5. Lazy Joe

My plan was to make a weapon that spawns critters with its projectile, so switching to relocator instantly after the fish spawns is kinda difficult, they really vanish right after being spawned, you dont even see the fish, you only see a faint shadow and it's already gone. Persistent tag is already in the code.

{
    "action": "spawnmonster",
    "arguments": {
    "persistent": true,
    "seed": "0"
    },
    "offset": [
    ],
    "type": "fishingbreach"
    },

It was my intention from the start to spawn them on the land and then use relocator on them while they flap around.