1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Spawnable Item Pack - Spawn all items for free! v1.3.2.4

Spawnable Item Pack allows you to spawn thousands of items for free.

1. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

2. Zalexard

Zalexard Subatomic Cosmonaut

Sorry to be a bother, but remind me of one thing please, does your mod spawn randomly generated weapons, like the Star Cleaver? (that's the name that came to mind since it was the first random generated sword that I got that I actually liked, even though it seems the item doesn't exist anymore in the game...)

3. Deerdancer

Deerdancer Big Damn Hero

Liquid category?

4. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

Thank you for your feedback. I've created a feature request on GitHub, but it won't have a high priority.

For now, just type in "liquid" in the search bar. I'm trying to avoid 'needless' categories to keep everything neat and tidy.
    I didn't add a separate category for it since there's not a lot of liquids and all identifiers for liquids have 'liquid' in them (eg. liquidwater), which makes it easy to find them.
    --- Post updated ---
    It does spawn random items, but I currently do not know of an easy method to display previews of said items. Examples are the 'NPC' weapons such as 'NPC Axe'.
    For most items it will only show a default part (eg. a hilt) or no preview at all. I'm not sure how I'd make it preview random items right now.

jonathonspy likes this.
  5. SkullTraill

SkullTraill Orbital Explorer

Any idea how to set the level of the spawned random items?
    All the random items I can find in your mod, even the ones the ones I already own by getting them legit, are very low level/do less damage than the legit versions.

For example, I have a sword that does 15 dmg per swing, but if I spawn that exact sword with your mod, it does around 8.

Is there any way to increase this?

6. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

Items are simply spawned by their name; no extra data is supplied.
    To generate stronger items, you'd have to do something like this:
    Code:
    /spawnitem rarebroadsword 1 '{"level":10}'
    Sadly this is not something SIP supports right now, and I don't know if it will (since SIP is for all items, and making separate gui elements and item handling just for weapons would be troublesome).

Edit: I created a feature request, but I don't know when I'll be able to look into it.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  7. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Yay its finally here :3

8. SkullTraill

SkullTraill Orbital Explorer

Thank you for putting it on your list, I appreciate it.

Yeah, I do know how to spawn custom levels with the spawnitem command, however that doesn't let me chose a particular rare broadsword, it just spawns a random one.

9. Zalexard

Just letting you guys know, you can easily upload mods to the workshop for your own use, they are hidden by default and it's much easier to maintain and update them (updates just consist of uploading the new mod version).

Anyway, did it for myself, but the game just got updated, and I don't have time to try and see if the mod is working right now, just throwing this out there.

Errors4l, don't worry, I won't distribute your mod on the workshop, just doing this for my own use, whenever the ManipulatedUI and SPI get officially released on the workshop, I'll delete my private uploads and use yours. :)

EDIT: The dependency for some reason doesn't upload right and crashes the game on launch. It has to be placed by hand, the mod seems to work alright.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  10. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

Updating here also only includes uploading the new version. "Repacking" is not even necessary, but can be as simple as double clicking a file.
    The mod, together with Manipulated UI, have been on the Workshop for a couple of days now.
    There'd be no point, and it wouldn't be allowed either. The mod permissions read not to redistribute assets, which is what uploading a 1:1 copy to the Workshop would be.
    Mod packs are a different story. I don't know the exact rules since these permissions were designed before Steam Workshop support, but for Steam I'd say it's something close to "putting the official mod in a Steam mod collection".
    Dependencies are.. in a weird state right now. You can't simply mix Steam Workshop mods with 'manually installed' mods, as all manually installed mods are loaded prior to Steam Workshop mods, regardless of dependencies and priorities. Installing both mods manually and/or installing both mods through the Workshop (in whichever order you want) should not cause any issues.

11. Zalexard

Wait what? But I've been checking the new releases, the mod hasn't even appeared there. :wut: Only if it stores the date when it got updated and throws it into the middle of the available mods instead of the new releases... What the hell.

EDIT: Yep... That's exactly it... Found it alright, in the middle of mods posted on the 29th of July. Steam, come on...

Errors4l likes this.
  12. Radenius

Radenius Void-Bound Voyager

Just wanted to say, thank you Errors4l for maintaining this. Starbound is infinitely more playable thanks to your efforts.

Errors4l likes this.
  13. IntelVN

IntelVN Space Spelunker

Plz add Book and Blueprint Category :nuruwink:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  14. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

Errors4l updated Spawnable Item Pack - Spawn all items for free! with a new update entry:

New categories, fixes and weapon levels.

Read the rest of this update entry...

jonathonspy and IntelVN like this.
  15. CanadianFanboy

CanadianFanboy Intergalactic Tourist

The settings menu isn't working.

16. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

It should work fine if you have the latest version of this mod and the latest version of Manipulated UI.

17. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

Are these even items? Where are they located?

18. CanadianFanboy

ok thanks

19. CanadianFanboy

Ok the settings menu works but the level thing doesn't seem to be working. I tested it on different weapons and different rarities but it didn't do anything. Am I doing it wrong? (sorry for all the complaining)

20. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

When spawning an NPC weapon at level 1, then level 10, is the DPS not higher on the level 10 weapon?