1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Spawn Npc Command

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by KropTor, Jul 26, 2017.

1. KropTor

KropTor Void-Bound Voyager

I have been playing around with the admin commands and was building something. Now, i want to spawn in custom NPCs to complete said structure. I have managed to set the species, npc type, but i have not been able to set things liek the gender, gear, and other things. Arent these things supposed to be placed in the parameters? I hate having to spawn and kill an NPC if it doesnt match the desired Gender for instance. could I have some help figuring out how to utilize these parameters?

2. Lazy Joe

Lazy Joe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You can add the seed value behind the spawn command, like:

/spawnnpc race npctype level seed
    /spawnnpc human villager 1 8138433

seed however is just a starting value for the random generation, so you will get the exactly same npc if you use the same seed, but nobody knows which value will yield what result.

you will wanna go get the npcspawner+ mod from the workshop

3. KropTor

KropTor Void-Bound Voyager

ic. I thought thtat lverrides give you more control. gtk. Thanks

4. Kluex Avatar

Kluex Avatar Star Wrangler

How do I spawn protectors from the protectorate academy?

5. zekrom_vale

zekrom_vale Tentacle Wrangler

The following are npcs found in the protectorate academy
    "glitch protectoratejanitor"
    "apex protectoratehallstaff"
    "apex protectoratelobbylounger"
    "hylotl protectoratecourtyardlounger"
    "avian protectoratelobbystudent1"
    "floran protectoratehallstudent1"
    "human protectoratelobbystudent2"
    "glitch protectoratehallstudent2"
    "human protectoratehallstudent4"
    "hylotl protectoratehallstudent5"
    Note: protectoratehallstudent3 is not used in the academy

6. ManaUser

ManaUser Cosmic Narwhal

As far as I can tell, using overrides means you have to specify the seed too, which means they will always be the same. Kind of annoying, but I'm not an expert at this so maybe there's a way around that. Anyways, here's an example:

Code:
    /spawnnpc human villager 1 0 '{"identity": {"gender": "male"}}'
    I put zero for the seed, but sadly that doesn't mean "no seed", like you might hope.

The other problem is changing the gender doesn't automatically change anything else about the character, so it's possible to end up with a mustached woman for example...

7. Supernovakid1

Supernovakid1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

How do I spawn a a merchant with specific pool ie randomguns see the attached merchant pools text document from starbound assets(its actual file extension was config which I changed to txt to make sure you open it with your text editor)

eg /spawnnpc novakid merchant 10 ?????????????????????

Attached Files: