1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Spacefarer update feedback

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by scaper12123, Jun 12, 2017.

1. scaper12123

scaper12123 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A lot of the features of the update are pretty cool, and I think the devs did a great job! However, it is definitely not without criticism.
    • It takes far, FAR too long to get through an anomaly. This effort is acceptable for a hostile ship due to the likelihood of obtaining mech schematics but the reward for completing a random anomaly is usually one or two extra parts on top of the half-a-dozen we get from killing mobs. Please add a guarantee of a substantial reward at the end of these things, like resources or weapons.
    • Navigation feels slow and, towards the end of the ruin campaign, gets very tedious. Moving from upper orbit of a planet down to lower orbit is definitely inconsistent when the ship moves there in half a second but the space animation prevents teleportation for five seconds. If nothing else is changed, please make our ship move through space faster as we upgrade it.
    • Cosmetics for mech parts would be appreciated, as well as more options for mech parts. An explanation for resisting environmental damage would be appreciated (it's tied to defense, for anybody wondering).
    • There's almost no reason to do any of the mech stuff before completing progression, at least if you're focusing on the main thrust of the game first. Having things to scan on random ships or getting some form of clue information from them would encourage diving into mechs in the middle of the campaign.
    • Space Stations... no, just no. First off, too expensive. Second of all, can't customize the exterior hull. The latter is justifiable I guess but as for the former, no. The cost for a station segment should not be more than the cost for the blocks and there should be some way to edit the exterior hull to our desires or, if not, we need more options for what our hull segments look like. Give us the kind of stuff we see in random space stations.
    • Trading isn't interesting in the slightest, i'm afraid. It's buying resources and just dumping them in some other station, which isn't very interesting. If the system involved moving very large cargo between specific stations, that would be more interesting and give something to play around with

2. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

Constant Starbound problem; it is so stringy with drops, it's like Tiy is paying for every Flare and Bandage from his own pocket. I'm working on hack for dungeon drops, though.
    Cheaper Stations
    How to edit Space Stations
    That being said, the fact that players have already made fixes for it is no excuse; when I see new feature, I want to think about what I can do with it, not how to work around it.

For the rest, we're, more or less, in agreement.

STCW262 likes this.
  3. Lintton

Lintton Guest

I disagree with the travel time. I appreciate the feeling of travel from one star system to the other. Having instant travel feels like it would be taking away the feeling.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2017
  4. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

Another issue is that, for some reason the Mech-related furniture is only available at either the Outpost or Space Stations, and can't be placed or moved to planets or the ship, which is mildly inconvenient.