1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Space Suit.#Contest#

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Camz, May 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FN7

FN7 Big Damn Hero

I hope this becomes the next contest :)

2. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

Just do a member search for his name. As many mods have said in the past "The search bar is a god sent"

Alvin Flummox likes this.
  3. Bismuth

Bismuth Cosmic Narwhal

Bluebone Water Suit
    Armor forged from the bones of various water creatures, particularly giant 6-foot salamanders. It's blue, gives off a blue watery droplets type effect, and allows for swimming, underwater breathing, and possibly walking on water.
    It might also be a boss drop, or require items from much more difficult deep ocean monsters, like the mucus of a craken. 8D

Also, the helmet has sweet horns.

4. Noctshade

Noctshade Master Chief

This seems like a really cool idea, I joined recently so didn't have a chance to get into any contests, but I'll have another change soon hopefully. :>

5. Swinburn

Swinburn Phantasmal Quasar

I think that since they are already paying people to do the art for the game, and that we have already had a designing contest, the contest should not be based on artistic skill but instead something else such as creative writing (Make up a mission?, Write a starbound story?).

6. Tommy

Tommy Void-Bound Voyager

oh man, this would be very great to have a huge variety of different space suits in this game :p depending on which planet u need to visit, like water, lava etc etc

7. I don't think space suits should be a contest, instead, Items should be a contest.
    More options means cooler stuff.
    Also, I think that the contests should be:

A Race contest,
    A mech/Spaceship contest,
    An item contest,
    A dungeon/biome/planet contest,
    and maybe, a contest for those who missed previous ones at the very end.

8. Alvin Flummox

Alvin Flummox Existential Complex

There's been a few topics already for ideas the devs should use for the next official contest and I'm all for unofficial ones. Not that bothered about prizes or anything, it's just nice to see everyone's ideas and it brings out a lot of creativity! And there's a limit to how many official contests they can run. I'd be up for helping if needs be. The best way is just to take in all the submissions, put links to them all in the main post and then just have a poll for people to vote on in my opinion :)

Seeing as Ghostar suggested it I thought I'd set up a little thread to see what peoples thoughts were :)

EDIT: Also maybe wait for a few more official competitions (and some more game information) to be out the way before the unofficial ones start. Give the devs a chance the choose the ones that they want to do before they're 'used up' by the community.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.