1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Space Suit.#Contest#

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Camz, May 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Camz

Camz Existential Complex

Hi folkes, just thought for the next idea for a starbound contest... And in the contest we would be designing a space suit and description of what it does. Vote below with your idea of space suit and if your for or against idea's of the contest. Thanks

2. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

Samus Aran.

edit - also, yes, this sounds like a good idea.

3. Joxalot

Joxalot Subatomic Cosmonaut

Why don't we do our own contest?
    Make a thread for the submissions only and one for discussion?

Select respected users as judges (if they agree to) and then set the threads up.

This could be fun...

4. Dynafols

Dynafols Black Hole Surfer

Tin-Foil Suit.

Well I'll be darn, this does sound like a good idea.

5. Camz

Camz Existential Complex

Yeah sound like a good idea I will set up thread then for a space suit community run contest epic!

I'm going to set this up for real but when I finish work because I'm on my phone at the moment and it will be far easier for me to set up the two threads on my pc at home is this cool with everyone?

Breather likes this.
  6. Joxalot

Yeah better not jump right into the fray with just stick and stones. Wait for community response on that, perhaps check the peeps at IRC or even the Moderation Staff to see if we are even allowed to do that, anyways.
    I'd love to help set up this community contest if other people back up aswell!

7. Camz

Camz Existential Complex

Ok mate will get back to you when I'm home and got access to my pc.

8. Eight

Eight Pangalactic Porcupine

It'd be nice if the winner got a Star next to their avatar though.

9. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

A nice idea, I think. You'd definitely have to specify that it's not an official contest and maybe have an actual prize.

Joxalot likes this.
  10. Camz

Camz Existential Complex

Right ok thanks for the advice,I just wanna see first how much feedback I get on this thread and If I get a lot of interest I will talk with the mods and see if I can get the ball rolling!

11. Eight

It would be good to have another competition like the monster monster competition (because I missed it) but even if it wasn't run by the devs I would probably enter(If I had enough time of course).

12. Camz

Camz Existential Complex

Ok thanks dude, looks like I gotta start thinking about this then and how I'm gunna get the contest started and getting the ok's from the dev team hopefully and as much support from the community of course

13. Eight

I think Rho was looking at this thread a few minutes ago.
    She might decided to have an "Armor Armor" contest and have the winnig design in the game.

(Better start coming up with some designs...as soon as I finnish this maths homework)

14. Joxalot

A kiss in the eyeball from me.
    8y

15. Eight

If the Devs run it:
    Having you design in the game, a star next to your avatar and "contestant winner" being displayed under your name.
    EDIT: And 50 trophy points.

If not:
    Well it's a bit early to know for certain. This thread only started a 4 hours ago.

16. Is this an actual contest or a plan for a contest?

17. Camz

Camz Existential Complex

It's just a plan for one at the moment I will post an update on dates and times of contest soon as I get permissions hopefully

18. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

There are no problems with user run contests, there are several being held in the off topic section. This one however is a tad different since it involved starbound. While I see no problems outright with it, something like this might be better to be submitted to Tiy himself as an idea for a future contest, or better yet, just have a whole topic devoted to ideas for future contests in general. I think the dev staff would be interested in the opinions of the masses as to what kind of contest they want.

19. Camz

Camz Existential Complex

ok thanks Ghostar,can you tell me the best way to get in contact with tiy about this idea would be most appreaciated.thanks

20. Eight

I don't know how I would contact Tiy or the other Devs.
    There could be a contest sugestion sub-forum(this is the first forum i've been on so I don't know what they're called) in sugestions, but that might get too many random threads.
    Rho was looking at this thread before, so the other Devs might already know about this contest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.