1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Space rain kills my vibe

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Masich, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Masich

Masich Subatomic Cosmonaut

So I'm in the process of building a space station above my colony world(no mods used, just went reaaally high up). I'm in an asteroid field, no clouds or atmosphere, yet somehow it still rains. Above the clouds, in an asteriod field, I still get rain.

Now, I realize this is because I am technically still in the "planet" but I thought it would be an easy fix to have rain stop occurring above a certain height.

2. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

Not so sure it would be "easy", it depends on how the system works. But yea i agree that its something that should be done, perhaps a low priority though.

3. Starfeather

Starfeather Phantasmal Quasar

I think they would have to make layers a thing. In Terraria once you're in the underground rain stops. In Starbound that's just not a thing. I was digging out U.S.C.M. bunker once and when I made enough space, weather still affected me in the underground. Reworking that would probably take much time and rewriting the engine.

Masich likes this.