Modding Help A few directory probs.

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by danmanr98, May 21, 2015.

1. danmanr98

danmanr98 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Awh damn, I had already edited it using Audacity :p[DOUBLEPOST=1432322232][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Also, may I ask, what exactly did you edit on the origin .wav ? Is there a a specific format or bitrate or whatever else that Starbound can only read?

Kayuko likes this.
  2. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

The very original one or the one I edited 5 min ago? :p

It's not about the format itself, you added a tag called "melee", that resulted in the subchunk being a LIST, not a data type.
    Starbound can only read straight from data subchunks, so, simply put, never put tags on your files.

For the audacity thing I just cutted the length and exported it with default settings.

3. danmanr98

Yup I was refering to the original on itself. Thatnkyou for informing me. How do I remove tags? 'Cos as previously mentioned, those tags were'nt added by me. I obtained that file from the interwebs and it came like that :p

4. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

You can either use "IDTE-ID3 Tag Editor" or remove them via Hex-Editor.
    The latter is lots easier.
    (Just locate the "LIST" in the Hex-thing and change it to "data")

5. danmanr98

I downloaded HxD Hex-editor (I think that's what you meant) and I opened a different .wav
    How do I locate this List/Data thing you mention

6. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

7. danmanr98

It's wierd. I can't find one .wav file containing "LIST". Not even the original one I sent you ?!

8. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

Huh, mind sending a screenshot of the file opened in the hex editor?
    Like the one I did just now.
    I suppose it doesn't need to be LIST, there could other failing values too.

9. danmanr98

upload_2015-5-22_20-56-55.png

Attached Files:

10. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

This, my dear friend, is a .mp3 file, not a .wav file. Whole different thing. :D

11. danmanr98

Oh my gawd. I completely forgot that I had converted it from mp3 to Wav. I'm so sorry :p

Kayuko likes this.
  12. danmanr98

Kayuko, I found a different .wav and this time, within the Hex-Editor, it contains "LISTJ" rather than "LIST6" as shown on your example.
    Do I still treat this the same?
    How exactly do I replace LIST with "data". Is it all lowercase? when I tried that, it came up as red so I though it was causing errors, is that what it means?

13. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

LIST is LIST.
    LISTJ will become dataJ.
    LIST6 will become data6.
    Don't worry about it being red, just save it and try to launch the game with it / fire the weapon.

14. danmanr98

Cool cool. Are you familiar with projectiles and guns in this game? I want to know general information on this code:

"projectileType" : "foxblasterbullet",
    "projectile" : {
    "speed" : 50,
    "life" : 3,
    "power" : 2.7,
    "color" : [255, 10, 10]

I wan't to know what exactly "Life" is refering to in the Projectile. Also, i'm curios whether "Power" referes to the damage of the bullet, 'cos although it says "2.7" power, the damage on mobs actually displays i think around 25 or something.

15. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

Ehh... @.@
    Not sure tbh, but I think life is more like the time it stays active, or rather, the time after the prefab-bullet is destroyed.
    Power could be the modifier, used to determine the weapon strength through the weapons stats and the levelingMultiplier.

16. danmanr98

How does that "Leveling" system work? I see a lot of things in code that have "Level" and stuff, and since starbound has no level system, I don't know what it referes to. Is it the tier of the weapon? ehh.

17. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

The tiersystem is the levelsystem, here's the levelingMultiplier file, as an example:

Code:
      "gunDamageLevelMultiplier" : [ "linear", "clamp",
        [0, 0],
        [1, 9],
        [2, 20.5],
        [3, 32.5],
        [4, 46],
        [5, 68],
        [6, 97],
        [7, 135],
        [8, 151.5],
        [9, 200],
        [10, 385]
      ]

Tier 1-10, tho only 1-6 is used in vanilla yet.
    For ores and stuff it's a little difference, it starts at 0.5 for Level 1 and goes up to 5.5 for level 6.

18. danmanr98

The gun i'm using as reference has the level of 0.5 ? I asume it would give it around 5 multiplier?

19. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

There's no in-between, it's probably the 9 multiplier, using the level 1 (as you obviously can't multiply anything with 0) :p[DOUBLEPOST=1432390811][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I SHOULD maybe mention that the level multiplier is only effectively used in random gun generation, as far as I noticed.

20. danmanr98

I just checked ingame.
    It says: 12 Damage Per Shot

In the code, it has: "level" : 0.5
    and the projectile section says: "power" 2.7

if level 0 = 0 multiplier
    and level 1 = 9 multiplier

inbetween would be:
    0.5 = 4.5 multiplier (Roughly cos they don't increase by liniar steps)

4.5(levelmultiplier) * 2.7(power) gives me 12.15
    I think there may be "Inbetweens".