1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Some of my Starbound related art

Discussion in 'Art' started by K. Pepper, Apr 12, 2016.

1. K. Pepper

K. Pepper Void-Bound Voyager

Thought maybe it'd be a good idea to put up some of my Starbound doodles here. Some are better than others... Let me know what you think!

[​IMG]
    First up is my husband's Starbound character... A very quick ballpoint pen doodle at work, on a sticker. It's stuck to the front of his computer tower now, lol.

[​IMG]

Next is a quicky pen doodle with some photoshop flats of several of our characters... I hate all the hands ever in this picture.

[​IMG]

Why would I draw my floran hugging a creeper? Because I can! Prismacolor markers and boredom.

[​IMG]

I was particularly proud of this one of the Erchius mission; I have trouble making myself do full backgrounds.

[​IMG]

Even futuristic computers bluescreen! Mack and Bailey again, but in my more accustomed style instead of anime.

[​IMG]

And finally, Bailey and her ongoing existential crisis. Abstractly floating through space. Because space.

[​IMG]
    Finally drew my Starbound main in her armor... I put off drawing armor too much.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well, that's all for now. I'm sure I'll be pumping more art out soon, since I want to have a picture to go with each fanfic chapter I write! Thanks for indulging me. :p

Edit: Like my fanfic post, I think I should have put this under the fanwork forum... Oops...

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  2. Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

Wow! That's some really nice art! [​IMG]
    And I think the picture of the Floran hugging the creeper is great [​IMG]

Crossfang likes this.
  3. K. Pepper

Thank you! Yeah, I still like that one, hehe. The creeper's from a Minecraft comic I've drawn on and off.

Firepaw Da Cat likes this.
  4. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

Finally found your thread! and I'm happy to see it!

This is my favorite!

K. Pepper likes this.
  5. K. Pepper

Thank you so much! I'm using it as a cover art for one of my fanfic chapters now. ^^

6. Dunto

Dunto Guest

rhomboid likes this.
  7. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

omg ty it flew right under my radar

and these are gooooooorgeouuuuuus is that pencilcrayon i spy because hot damn

8. K. Pepper

It's actually prismacolor markers for most of them and digital coloring for a couple. Thank you so much, guys. ^^ Up on DA, Starbound stuff never gets any love. :(

rhomboid likes this.
  9. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

that's even crazier! i can't colour with markers for shit xD

K. Pepper likes this.
  10. K. Pepper

[​IMG]

Yay, new arts! This started as a what was supposed to be a simple sketch, but it was turning out... and armor... and color... and then I went full blown background... Oops. Making more work for myself again! I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out, though. One of the main characters from my fanfic, Echoes of a Swansong.

11. K. Pepper

Got some chapter art done for Echoes of a Swansong. ^^ It's just a quick sketch, but I was kinda happy with it.

[​IMG]

12. K. Pepper

Whelp, another new pic of Bailey, my Starbound main and one of the main characters of my fic... But ick, triple post... Maybe I'd better stop. =/

[​IMG]

13. LoneWolf071

LoneWolf071 Void-Bound Voyager

K Pepper it is you! I may not sound familiar but i know you!

14. K. Pepper

Oh, I recognize you from DA. Hello! :D

LoneWolf071 likes this.
  15. LoneWolf071

LoneWolf071 Void-Bound Voyager

Yaya you recognized me :D

16. K. Pepper

Well, now I've gone and drawn a stupid little comic of Mack and Bailey... I'd think fishing on alien planets might yield... erm... varied results.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  17. K. Pepper

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  18. Firepaw Da Cat

That's an adorable space cat [​IMG]

K. Pepper likes this.
  19. K. Pepper

Firepaw, is there any other kind? :3

I feel like my latest picture requires some explanation, so I'll copy and paste it from Deviantart.
    [​IMG]

A song-inspired speed-painting. I was listening to "Across the Divide" by Breaking Benjamin and thinking on Echoes of a Swansong, and just had the urge to start painting. Mack, always the one to uplift the people around him while the pain inside consumes him, and Bailey, never realizing what he sacrifices to give her life the light that keeps her going while all the cold vastness of space threatens to consume their fading memories of Earth. Yeah, just emotional fodder from my Starbound fanfic. It's not great, but I had fun. The anatomy's all wonky.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
  20. Firepaw Da Cat

Well yeah, there are cats that aren't in space. Right? [​IMG]