Modding Help Some modding stuff I need help with

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by MitKit, Apr 20, 2016.

1. MitKit

MitKit Phantasmal Quasar

Is there a way to make a gun cycle from an assault rifle to a sniper, then a grenade launcher, and back to an assault rifle? It would switch when you right click and change sprites, and make a sound. Is it possible?

2. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

i don't think that's possible but i clearly see a Vanquish reference comming

3. MitKit

MitKit Phantasmal Quasar

I've never heard of Vanquish until now so no. But I wanted to make a DC-17M blaster rifle from Star Wars.

4. MitKit

MitKit Phantasmal Quasar

Could I replace it with something else every time I right click?

5. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

I don't think this possible, you would have to modify the player's inventory for that

6. MitKit

MitKit Phantasmal Quasar

Is there a way to make a backpack thing be a jetpack? Or at least give you a jump boost effect?

7. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

i know the devs at one point tried to add a techModule element to armors to give the special tech abilities, but it doesn't work in the current stable build, it might work in nightly but i don't think it's possible without a tech,
    what you could do though, is if the jump boost is a actual effect like glow, tared, burning, poisoned and what ever, just add the effect name in the status effect array of the backpak
    eg:
    Code:
    "statusEffects" : [
        {
          "stat" : "powerMultiplier",
          "baseMultiplier" : 1.2
        },

{
          "stat" : "protection",
          "amount" : 2
        },

{
          "stat" : "maxEnergy",
        },

{
          "stat" : "maxHealth",
        },
        "glow"
      ],

MitKit likes this.
  8. MitKit

MitKit Phantasmal Quasar

Thanks, I figured it out. But I didn't think about the power level of the effect so this should help.

9. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

what did you do to get it working? me is curious

10. MitKit

MitKit Phantasmal Quasar

I took the xenon pack files and replaced the xenonglow status effect with jumpboost. Now I can change the rest of the stuff to make it look like a jetpack.

11. MitKit

MitKit Phantasmal Quasar

Ok, this thing really doesn't relate to modding, but for some reason whenever I start up starbound now it pops up with this
    upload_2016-5-16_18-6-39.png
    I have no idea why. I tried taking out my mod stuff but it doesn't change. Is there any way to fix it?

12. bob6784558

bob6784558 Space Spelunker

Pick apart the adaptable crossbow that would give you what you want.