Other Some basic drawings that I have done for the suggestions forum

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by TrevorH7441, Sep 7, 2015.

1. TrevorH7441

TrevorH7441 Big Damn Hero

Hey, trevorh7441 here. If you have read my introduction thread, you know that I usually spend most of my time on the suggestions forum, but that doesn't mean I don't do artwork for said forum. So what I will do on this thread is show some of the artwork done on suggestions and if someone asks what thread the drawing was for, I'll personal message them with the link. I draw by hand usually, so it isn't going to be in color, but a lot of graphite and ink. Hope you enjoy the artwork.

First off, this is the Erchius Serpent. This creature, if colored, would have obsidian-colored scales protruding from its hide, and the cracks in between glow an ominous violet. The eye of the serpent would flash red, staring into the soul of its prey. The serpent is separated into two parts, the tail and the head. The head shoots long range fire balls and breaths a venomous fog. The tail slaps the foe away from the head. In order to reach the head, one must slay the tail first to attack the head for a short period before the tail comes back.
    Erchius Serpent.png

The next is the Eye of Erchius. This being is more of a stone infused with erchius, the eye would act similar to the erchius horror, but the hands at its side protect him. The hands attack in the form of punching, slapping, and squishing, each trying to either weaken the foe or push the foe away from the eye. The hands can be destroyed via matter manipulator but the eye needs to be struck by a weapon. If the eye dies, so do the hands.
    Eye of Erchius.jpg
    And lastly, the construct. This guy is supposed to be a basic mob from a suggestions page I'm working on. It isn't a boss mob, but it is different from most creatures in Starbound as of yet. The first time you see it, it resembles a statue until a certain point, when they become hostile and unforgiving.
    Construct Sketch Retake.jpg

This is all for now; I will post more when I draw more. Feel free to express your opinions or ask for more information on the creatures/animated beings I have drawn or send your own pictures if you feel like it.

rhomboid, Jareix Cryvix and Kaiachi like this.
  2. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

I really admire your Erchius Serpent. I like the cracks in his body! Would everything but the cracks be erchius crystal, or would the cracks show erchius underneath?
    As for the eye, I really like the idea. It reminds me of a mix of the Golem and the Moon Lord boss from Terraria, but eyeballs are so much fun. :D Those hands make me feel like they're gonna swat soon. :rofl:
    I see what you mean by Construct! Interesting, a statue that looks normal until you're too close! Pretty cool! :D

3. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Oh my god! I really want to draw your erchius creatures! They seem totally badass to draw! (And I like snakes) Can I? PLEEEEEASE?! (To bad, I'm doing it anyway... Not that I'm going I claim credit for the concept though...)

Kaiachi likes this.
  4. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

hope you don't mind but, i did it... i hope it's to your liking!
    Erchius watcher.jpeg
    (sorry for bad quality)

Kaiachi and TrevorH7441 like this.
  5. TrevorH7441

Feel free to do what you wish with my drawings; if it inspires you, go ahead. That was my purpose for working on art and suggestions: to inspire the creativity of others and bring forth new ideas.[DOUBLEPOST=1441648622][/DOUBLEPOST]And secondly, with the serpents, the cracks you see reveal the essence of erchius while the scales are a black-violet color. With the construct (even though you haven't asked, but just for future reference), the body of the constructs would be the color of the portal frames but a tad lighter, but at the same time, emitting the aura through the divisions of stone similar to that of the body of the novakid (probably different colors of the aura as with different face carvings per construct).

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
    Kaiachi and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  6. TrevorH7441

This is the boss construct, Verterrus, unlike the constructs, he has no face etching, giving him an ominous feel to him. Instead of using a halberd, he wields a massive stone greatsword. He has a ball of energy in his chest that represents his weakness, but it can't be attacks unless he is repairing himself. Now the legs can be mined via matter manipulator, forcing Verterrus to reconstruct himself, opening up the ball of energy for attack. While standing, he will use the greatsword and shoot rays of energy from the ball of energy, but when knocked down and healing himself, he will drop the greatsword and begin to do haymakers and summon constructs. He is the guardian to the Ark.
    WIN_20150907_152039.JPG

rhomboid and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  7. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

Ooh, I like to see the Construct in action with the sword, it's nice! I'm biased toward faceless things, so this one is my favorite not only for actions but also symbol-less ness. It's pretty cool! :D

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  8. TrevorH7441

Well, the faces of the constructs are based on the faces etched onto the ark's portal frame, but at the same time, choosing one face over the others is a form of bias, so a boss should be faceless to truly represent his army.[DOUBLEPOST=1441668363][/DOUBLEPOST]And to top that off, I may also be doing concept art on weaponry later on to see if I can inspire more types of melee weaponry/diverse looks.[DOUBLEPOST=1441671001][/DOUBLEPOST]This set would probably be the weapons dropped by the Constructs:
    Ark Weapon Set.jpg

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
    Jareix Cryvix, rhomboid and Kaiachi like this.
  9. TrevorH7441

Introducing another weapon set design: Ritual
    Ritual Weapon Set.jpg

Kaiachi likes this.
  10. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

I really admire the waraxes in the drawings. I'm a bit biased anyway, but they look cool. I like the spiky quality of the first set of weapons though, they're very nice, but still archaic.The bow from the ritual set is really nice! :D

11. TrevorH7441

Thanks, will probably do more when I feel the urge to do so.

Kaiachi likes this.
  12. TrevorH7441

The next weapon set is that of crystal. The imperfections in the edges of the weaponry represent the imperfections of stone. Hope everyone likes it.
    Crystal Weapon Set.jpg

13. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

Ah, I greatly favor the crystal weapons! The imperfections make them look really cool and jagged. Very nice!

14. TrevorH7441

My favorite two out of each set:
    Ark: Scythe, Glaive
    Ritual: Glaive, Whip
    Crystal: Greatsword, Battleaxe

15. TrevorH7441

This is the Bone Set. The dagger uses the stereotypical bone look within games on the hilt while the others get a little more interesting. The katana uses the femur on the hilt. The whip is made from the spine. The warhammer is made from the pelvis. The greatsword uses the phalanges to protrude from the sides of the hilt.
    Bone Weapon Set.jpg

16. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

I think the whip made of vertebrae has to be my favorite out of this set. Though the pelvis warhammer gave me a chuckle, I imagine it would be pretty neat with sharpened edges.

17. TrevorH7441

I got this idea because my brother was playing dark souls and kept dying by stranger and stranger forms of the undead. So he and I started debating what weapons would look alright with what bone, trying not to copy skyrim with their dragonbone warhammer (using a massive dragon femur as the weapon), but at the same time, try to make the weapons look just as fierce.