1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help [Solved] Nightly Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by RomulusOfTheSky, Jul 28, 2015.

1. RomulusOfTheSky

RomulusOfTheSky Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So I've been playing nightly for a while and my friends wanted to play a server with me. When I launched the server nobody could connect to it, not even me. Shortly after spending a few hours trying to remedy the issue everyone else disbanded and I was left alone with the game files. After tinkering around and still no success I tried booting up the Stable branch and after one attempt I was able to connect to my own server again. So now I decided to bring my issue here.

Is there something wrong with what I'm doing? Is the launcher for nightly servers broken and it launches the wrong version? is multiplayer supported on nightly? I have so many questions right now and I've been trying for the last 12 hours to get a solution.

2. Kashmir

Kashmir Giant Laser Beams

Go into your starbound unstable config file
    find gameserver bind, rcon server bind and queryserver bind
    change "::" to "*"
    save
    If you are using 8.1 you need to approve the nightly app in your firewall apps.

3. RomulusOfTheSky

Tried both of them but they still aren't working.

4. Kashmir

Kashmir Giant Laser Beams

Now I'm stumped. Changing the unstable config should have done it. You changed all three files, right? Are you using something like Hamachi? What is the error you're getting?

Oops, just re-read my post and I should have made sure to put the giraffe_storage config file. I hope you didn't change the SBboot file. But if you did, that can be fixed also.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  5. RomulusOfTheSky

This fixed it, thank you so much!