Modding Help [SOLVED]Help with shield mod?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by DGWolfie, Feb 26, 2017.

1. DGWolfie

DGWolfie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So yesterday I was making a shield mod and decided to follow through with it... Got the sprites all ready and looked into the recipe/modinfo/activeitem and even the player.configpatch files to make this thing a reality.

However as soon as I boot up starbound, it used to crash, then now it only crashes when I open up the crafting anvil to make/see if the shields there.

Is there a certain way to have the mod folder set up? Right now im trying to set this up with only 1 shield... to learn more before implementing the other shields.

Because the way I have it set up is that theres...
    Mod folder (Has player.config patch and modinfo here) Then 2 other folders "Recipes" and "Images"
    * In recipes theres only the Recipe for the modded item
    * In images theres the sprites and the active item file for the modded item.

Im trying to get it so at the crafting anvil, you'll be able to make it there.

File names are as follows
    Copper Breaker - active item file in "Images" Folder
    CopperBreaker - Sprite img file in "Images" Folder
    CopperBreaker - Recipe file in "Recipe" folder
    Breaker - modinfo file in root folder
    player.config - patch file in root folder

Please help ;w; Im new to all this..
    Ty all for any and all help.

Attached Files:

2. IHart

IHart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

To start with your item name is "Breaker" but whenever you refer to it the files that i have seen you call it "Copper Breaker". There are an additional dozen other syntax errors, proofread your code, use native assets as a reference, and actually read your log.

3. DGWolfie

DGWolfie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I did Some fiddling around!
    I got it in the game!
    However... The recipe shows up in /admin, However not normally..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  4. IHart

IHart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

player.config.patch has a period in the path value, remove that and this works fine.