Solus Katana Upgrade

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by BloodyMonarch, Jul 25, 2016.

1. BloodyMonarch

BloodyMonarch Astral Cartographer

I'm assuming this is the only katana available through normal gameplay in the 1.0 version. With that assumption in place, let's look at the weapon. It clearly states that it is "infused with solarium". However, it does less damage than a violium broadsword.

I understand this is probably due to it dropping from an early boss. An easy solution to this problem is to learn a crafting recipe upon picking the weapon up. This recipe will be crafted at a separator table and it will allow you to apply more solarium. Which will make the weapon do at least as much damage as an end game crafted weapon.

You could also switch the alternate ability from the kunai to the laser cannon on the upgraded version. People would probably like that. :p

Lertring and Kaede Grimwater like this.
  2. Kaede Grimwater

Kaede Grimwater Existential Complex

I agree with this.

3. Grave Knight

Grave Knight Subatomic Cosmonaut

You can run the mission again, you know. The drops scale up to you, depending on your gear (I believe, could be based on the highest tier planet you've been to). Once you have access to the Violium Broadsword you should be able to get the Tier 6 version of Solus.

4. Piemaster16

Piemaster16 Space Hobo

I went to my separator tables, and sadly it was not there, was it removed, or do I have to farm the boss now?

5. ThisIsAUniqueUsername

ThisIsAUniqueUsername Intergalactic Tourist

When you have tier 6 gear it will drop a tier 6 version of the sword and it is ridiculously powerful

6. Aimbot

Aimbot Void-Bound Voyager

Not when i have 6 solus after farming the boss for 3 hours
    And no it isnt as powerful even with that type of armor