1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Sold the Mermaids Pendant accidentally and can't get it back

Discussion in 'Support' started by DokMock, Mar 3, 2016.

1. DokMock

DokMock Space Hobo

Is there no way to buy multiple or to perhaps retrieve it?

• KRX

KRX Space Hobo

Hello! Having a similar issue.

There was some sort of bug where the Mermaid Pendant was behaving as an item you could place on the ground (like furniture) and was not allowing me to gift the item to an NPC.

I placed it on the floor at Leah's because I thought maybe that's how it was suppose to work? The item disappeared the next day and nothing happened. The guy on the beach wont sell me another one.

• Bakajutsu

Bakajutsu Space Hobo

i have the exact same issue, i cant rebuy it. Does this mean i can never get married in this save file?
        That would be such a time waster T_T

• Tann

Tann Aquatic Astronaut

I'll have to bump this, because I'm having the same issue. I don't know WHAT happened, all I know is that the pendant was just gone.

I asked for help on the Steam forums, and the obvious tips were to edit the save file data in such a way that it would either place a Pendant in my inventory, or let the Mariner sell me another one. However, I - and I'm sure that's the same with everyone else itt - have no idea how that would work.

Please help.

• Curiko

Curiko Void-Bound Voyager

• Tann

Tann Aquatic Astronaut

Tweeted, tho I, and I am sure OP as well, would appreciate a short-term fix to this mess.

• ConcernedApe

ConcernedApe Stardew Valley Dev Developer

If you accidentally deleted the mermaid's pendant (shouldn't be possible in next update), here's how you can fix it (involves editing save file):

1. Locate your save folder in %appdata%/StardewValley/Saves
              2. Make a backup just in case.
              3. inside the folder you'll find a file with the same name as the folder. Open that in notepad.
              4. ctrl+F search for "specialItems", and delete the <int>460</int> you find there.
              5. now the old mariner should offer to sell you the pendant again.

Hope that helps!

Lalu, Keychain, powerdemon and 4 others like this.
              • Bakajutsu

Bakajutsu Space Hobo

I tried this and it worked i can buy the pendant again! Now the question is will it bugg out again, i will updateu guys soon.
                Concernedape thanks alot for looking into this! Awesome game!

ps: u guys need to delete both <int>460</int>

• xjapanboy

xjapanboy Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thank you

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
                  • Bakajutsu

Bakajutsu Space Hobo

For the people that had the same problem as me ( which was that u could place the pendant in front off u instead of giving it to ur "lover"), u have to give it to her as a gift, wait till ur cursor turns into a present and then gift the pendant.
                    Hope this helps, i married leah, hope she doesnt bugg out like they say in the forums x).

Enjoy the game, and thanks again CorncernedApe!

• rrhels

rrhels Space Hobo

I tried to do this but my computer says that the file doesn't exist. Does anyone know how to fix it?

• sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

This is a thread from the beta where the game was different. Check the date, this thread is over a year old.

Just wait until it rains again and you can buy it again.