1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

So I saved an Avian from the suicide towers....

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by EarlTheOwl, Nov 22, 2015.

1. EarlTheOwl

EarlTheOwl Void-Bound Voyager

And she followed me to the bottom of the tower. I didn't know those NPC followed you when you saved them before.

[​IMG]

Just wondering now : is there a way to bring her with me to my ship or something ? I though it could be cool to pick up people like that.

2. Saberwind

Saberwind Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I agree, it would be cool. But there's not presently a mechanic for that. (Though there's a capture pod mechanic for small grounded creatures under 50% health.) Also, I'm not sure what prompts the Follow mechanic for NPCs yet: there's lots of Avians in suicide towers I could only build walls to keep them from being attacked by bird mobs - no follow sadly.

3. Faeryheart

Faeryheart Weight of the Sky

I think the only way to get npcs in your ship are colony deeds. But you could built them a nice little house and maybe place a teleporter nex tot them to visit :p

4. EarlTheOwl

I though about that. It won't be possible anymore though : she died to a monster when I came back. RIP. :(

Being able to save people around planets and bring them to the outpost or your ship seems like a really good idea though. Maybe there's already some mods allowing that, no ?

Milhafre likes this.
  5. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

I think it'd be cool if you could rescue people like that and deliver them to the outpost. :/

6. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Rescue them... bring em to your ship! maybe they ll like your ship and stay! or maybe beam down all the way to your colony! (or the outpost) you could get X ammount of rescues... then bam! mission unlocks! idk, maybe something sweet and cool and flashy

7. Apex-prey

Apex-prey Astral Cartographer

devs or modders take note this should be a thing

8. EarlTheOwl

Simple thing first : rescue one guy, get items. Then maybe we can create a mercenary system where you can build a crew or something like that, and put those rescued people in your crew maybe.

9. Apex-prey

Apex-prey Astral Cartographer

awesome idea

10. ADaks

ADaks 2.7182818284590...

A crew mechanic would be awesome! They'd act almost as "pets" in that they'd follow and fight with you but you could tell them to stay put if you wanted.

11. Brathis

Brathis Void-Bound Voyager

Capture Pod. Or does that only work on monsters?

12. Danwoo21

Danwoo21 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Or maybe a contract? Say you save someone and they follow you, and you have a contract that you can use on them and have then sign it and then they become a part of your crew or part of your town/city?

13. EarlTheOwl

It could work too.

14. DrakoGlyph

DrakoGlyph Void-Bound Voyager

After spawning npcs for a BotW, I noticed they have mechanics for the follow and talk to stay... (Npc types Follower and Followerguard)

15. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Nibolas O Anelbozas Spaceman Spiff

This technique to get chics is old u_u they will like you for taking them out of the celetial towers for a few days, some might say they love you, but at the end it's always the same excuses "It's not you, it's me" or "Your plumage is kinda goofy"

Alkanthe likes this.
  16. DrakoGlyph

Well, I'm not looking for chicks... I wouldn't mind a nice branded gasbag though

17. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Well you won't get one if you talk to them like that. >_> Gasbag, now that's harsh.

Nibolas O Anelbozas likes this.
  18. DrakoGlyph

Shh... how I talk about my other half is secret
    >.>

Nibolas O Anelbozas and Alkanthe like this.
  19. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Nibolas O Anelbozas Spaceman Spiff

Play hard to get AM I RIGHT?! UH? SOMEONE?...okay

Alkanthe likes this.
  20. DrakoGlyph

Hey, our species description calls us gasbags, what do you expect?

Nibolas O Anelbozas likes this.