Modding Help So I had this working yesterday and my wife deleted all of the files off of my computer by accident.

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by bizzy401, Dec 17, 2013.

1. bizzy401

bizzy401 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Could someone take a look at my addon and let me know why its not working...for some reason this hangs on the loading screen, but works fine when removed from the file.

Attached Files:

• nvg.zip
      File size:
      114.7 KB
      Views:
  2. Russy

Russy Pangalactic Porcupine

In the nvg.head file, you have it called "copperarmorhead" and the recipe is calling for "nvg", Could that be doing it ?

bizzy401 likes this.
  3. bizzy401

Sometimes you miss the easiest things. While that was indeed wrong...it didn't solve the problem.

4. Russy

Russy Pangalactic Porcupine

Well I caught one thing haha :p I don't really do modding, but I'm trying to see if I can help figure this out :)

5. bizzy401

Yeah, it gets me mad because it was working last night...I posted pics here.

6. Black--snow

Black--snow Cosmic Narwhal

Could you post any JSON errors or other errors you're getting in Starbound.log?

7. HalcyonXIII

HalcyonXIII Big Damn Hero

Your problem is in "nvg/statuseffect/glow.statuseffect". It defines the same effect name as Starbound's own "glow.statuseffect", so you'll need to rename your effect, or remove it.

8. tifel100

tifel100 Void-Bound Voyager

I managed to get your headgear to load in, but it doesn't emit light anymore, don't know if it's my fault really. I removed your statuseffect files because it was causing an error, since you were trying to make another "glow.statuseffect".

I doubt removing that was the cause, but that's the only problem now, the light. You had some missing stuff. What does mask.png do anyways?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  9. bizzy401

I got it working and emmiting light. I am just cleaning up the package and should have it uploaded in about 15 mins. I will post a link here and in the released mods.

10. bizzy401

Okay, one problem I am running into is that I am trying to add the line
    Code:
    "suppressTooltip" : true
    to

"glow.statuseffect"

so that it doesn't display the word "glow" on the tooltip, but I keep getting an error. Anyone got any ideas? I am putting everything in the mod folder and not trying to edit any asset files directly...

11. Black--snow

Black--snow Cosmic Narwhal

What error?

12. tifel100

tifel100 Void-Bound Voyager

You got it to work? :eek:, so you added the frame files?

13. bizzy401