RELEASED SmoothFarm | General cleanup & farm map overhauls. Lots of choices to choose from.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Cardinite, Mar 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Cardinite

Cardinite Industrial Terraformer

DISCLAIMER:
    As of patch 1.07 the Sandbox, Canyon, and Oasis maps often cause crashes and other bugs with fully grown crops. This seems to impact your save file too so if you are running patch 1.07 or later please stick with either the vanilla map or the Lite, Tidy & Corporate maps. If you do decide to use any of these maps on any version, back up your save file and check your crops by running through them before continuing your game.

This mod and request thread is officially unsupported as of patch April 18th 2016 (patch 1.07) until further notice.

I'll continue answering questions about the maps and basic tIDE editing in the meantime until a fix is possible. Massive apologies to everyone affected by these bugs - all maps were created and tested in 1.06 before 1.07's release. All maps were created with the intent of giving the community (including myself - I use these too!) more options for their farm - not to break save files or cause any issues. :cry:

If you modify your game in any way, regularly backing up your save is important no matter what mods you use. Future patches and mod conflicts can cause unexpected results to even the smallest mods and neither the creator nor the user can anticipate these. Back up before installing a new mod or patch.​

SmoothFarm Lite

Replaces bushes on the player's farm with empty tiles. New farms will start with rocks in place of bushes. The bush's previous location can be tiled over and new items can be placed. This does not make the area tillable.​

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    SmoothFarm Tidy
    Removes bushes, both ponds, dog bowl and flooring, greenhouse grass and shrine's stone. The lakes can now be tilled.​

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    SmoothFarm Corporate
    Removes all traces of ConcernedApes's love from your farm. No ground detail (pebbles, flowers, craters etc.), no paths, no water, no bushes, no dog bowl or flooring, no shrine flooring, no greenhouse grass. Map borders and existing "grassy terrain" near the farmhouse still exists. Spring 1 Year 1 grass, trees, rocks, logs and weeds have been removed so you start with a fresh map, but natural growth hasn't been changed and clutter will continue to spawn under natural circumstances.​

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    SmoothFarm Sandbox
    Removes the rocky outcrops on the western side and southeastern corner of the player farm map along with all previous changes. Re-tiled map for almost total map coverage of tillable tiles. Only shaded tiles (north side of the map beneath the cliffs) and buildings can't be tilled.​

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    SmoothFarm Canyon
    Overhaul of the farm that surrounds the map with cliffs rather than fences. Opens up even more farmable tiles around the farmhouse. Reduced "shade" tiles for building even closer to the map barrier than previous maps. Eastern entrance slightly tweaked to allow a 2-tile wide path that won't collide with the house.​

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    SmoothFarm Oasis
    Canyon D extension with a fully animated custom lake in the south-eastern corner.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Downloads

Lite
    Download

Tidy
    Download

Corporate
    Download

Sandbox
    Download

Canyon A
    Download
    (Basic Canyon map)

Canyon B
    Download
    (Canyon map with vanilla lake added to the lower right) (img)

Canyon C
    Download
    (Canyon map with larger vanilla lake added to the lower right) (img)

Canyon D
    Download
    (Canyon map with tunnel exit to northern map (img), better mailbox placement (img)
    Bug: While the new mailbox works perfectly, there's currently no way for me to move the indicator sprite - the "you've got mail" icon seems to be hardcoded and won't move from the vanilla location (img).

Oasis
    Download

Misc:

Vanilla / Removed shipping crate path
    Details / Download

Lite / Mailbox relocated (DL1: Moved to crate / DL2: Moved 1 tile north)
    Details & Screenshots / Download 1 - Download 2

Lite / Lakes relocated, Greenhouse/cave path removed
    Details & screenshots / Download

Misc / Hides the children's room in the farmhouse's second upgrade (Content/Maps)
    Reddit request / Download

Installation:
    SDVMM recommended for ease of installation. Back up your original farm.xnb and place the download in /Stardew Valley/Content/Maps.

Changelog:

18/04/16: Mod support dropped - please read the disclaimer at the top of the post.
    31/03/16: Added Oasis map.
    30/03/16: Added completed request links, reformatting.
    29/03/16: Canyon D map should now be entirely bug free.
    29/03/16: Thread reformatted, graphic fixes, download links now update to newest version automatically, Canyon Map A, B, C, D released.
    29/02/16: Lite, Tidy, Corporate, Sandbox maps released.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
      fynx, HiHaHi123, Dozy and 21 others like this.
    • ThunderLynx

ThunderLynx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Fantastic. I will be trying this out on a fresh file. I'm going for the tidy one and will see what happens.
      will see what happens on a current save.
      edit:
      nice but wont use this. I already have a mod the replaces the farm file.

• Rous

Rous Void-Bound Voyager

Your mod is very interesting, I think they use it to make the perfect farm. Thanks for your work:nuruawe:

Cardinite likes this.
        • Raijyn

Raijyn Phantasmal Quasar

Canyon seems like an interesting option, as it's always bothered me that the farm completely even, with that jutting overhang on the left side of the farm being the most obnoxious.

I can't tell from the screenshots, though, so I was wondering if Canyon reduces/removes the various farm clutter and trees? If it does, it would be nice to have an alternate Canyon that keeps the clutter and trees at the usual levels

• Cardinite

Right now all the mods contain every change from the previous version. As for clutter, I have noticed that the spawn rates for trees, grass, rocks, logs and weeds actually haven't changed in any of the map files during regular play, it just makes the map cleaner when you first move into your farmhouse on a new save file. Instead of beginning with a dense forest you need to clear, you'll begin with a small amount of naturally spawned clutter instead so you can begin building sooner. I'll make sure to update the original post for clarity.

• Cardinite

Canyon map downloads updated. Now includes a version with a rock tunnel exit to the backwoods. I also moved the mailbox next to the shipping container so the tiles next to the house can be properly paved and fenced. If anyone would like the mailbox moved on other versions I'll be happy to apply the change to other maps. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DewdropDewdrop likes this.
              • Rous

Rous Void-Bound Voyager

SmoothFarmLite could be the version with the mailbox next to the container? thank you very much if you can:nuruawe:

• Cardinite

I just found an unfortunate bug with moving the mailbox, the new one can still be checked for mail but the actual mail icon indicator stays where it was originally. It's purely a graphical error and the new mailbox will work as intended. I don't think there's any way for me to fix it on my end as the actual mail notification's location seems to be hardcoded.

If you can deal with that:
                  Here's a version next to the shipping crate as before, with the mail icon totally out of whack. (img) (download)
                  And here's a version with the mailbox moved north by one tile. The mail icon is still in the "wrong" place but it looks slightly better than the crate version when you've got mail. (img1/img2) (download)

• PandaSong

PandaSong Void-Bound Voyager

Would it be possible to get something like this done for the SmoothFarm Lite? Just moving the ponds a bit and maybe getting rid of the rocks near the greenhouse?

• Cardinite

Shouldn't be a problem! Are those the exact locations you're looking for?

• PandaSong

:) Yup! I mean, it can be put other places too, I just want them moved a bit so that they aren't always in the way but still there.

• Cardinite

http://www.mediafire.com/download/omyde9qipk1seqh/Farm.xnb

This should do the trick. You'll need to clear out the surrounding area before installing or you'll have junk in your lakes (especially hardwood tree stumps and boulders - you can at least bomb the rest, you'll see what I mean in the sscreenshots box below), but I removed the spawn tiles on the relocated lakes so theoretically grass, rocks, logs and trees etc shouldn't spawn there on a new save. I also removed the rock path to the right of the Greenhouse, hopefully that's what you meant :). Let me know if there's anything I missed and I can fix it up for you.

[​IMG]
                          [​IMG]
                          [​IMG]
                          [​IMG]

• PandaSong

Thanks so much! :) It's totally appreciated and now I can put my barn near the pond!

Cardinite likes this.
                            • taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

hi, does this really only work with farms?

Also, i hate to piggy back on someone else's request, but i'd like something similar for smooth farm lite:
                              sfsfd.png
                              just keep the pond where it is originally and move the the pond in this direction ('i'm currently using the farm extension mod [although I wounder if it will the entry will change but however the pond from the post above covers the entrance)

Another question I have is, is could you make the wood paneling where the dog bowl longer, where it matches up with the gate its is next to? Or at least once, or or, or, have copy and paste the whole dog area twice (plan to get my other rl dog in the game when its finished)
                              but remove the stupid greenhouse stone area?

EDIT: Here's my current farm layout now, love that the planner lets you upload your junk.
                              https://stardew.info/planner/fc6c30f6-37a6-4d0a-806f-65c1379da936/

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
                              • Cardinite

Is something like this what you're looking for? I got a little confused reading your post, sorry! I moved the lake to the right and left the upper pond where it is. If that's not what you meant just let me know and I can revise it.
                                upload_2016-3-30_19-55-10.png
                                I also removed the greenhouse path, but if by the stone area you mean the tiles in front of the entrance I can remove those instead.
                                upload_2016-3-30_20-2-20.png
                                As for the dog bowls, they're kind of annoying in that they only fit in that one specific spot. The sprites were designed to fit in this exact area as a 2x2 feature so they weren't made to be seamless. Since the tiles aren't seamless they also can't be extended, but I was able to hack together a way to fit the two bowls into one area. Even more annoying, if the original dog bowl is moved and your spouse decides to water it, it reappears back in the old location :facepalm:.

Example on why the area can't be extended:
                                upload_2016-3-30_19-57-26.png

If you're happy with the current changes you can get them here: Download

Otherwise let me know and I can adjust the map to what you wanted :).

• taintedwheat

Sorry I didn't mean to confuse you! {idk, it's a problem i have, trust me it's not you. my husband doesn't even understand my train thought sometimes (jumbled/bipolar)}
                                  You did do what I wanted map wise! But is there anyway in the right hand corner for it to be like evenly leveled? (Or remove the trees that are that position?)

Wait, sorry, I also have shitty understanding sometimes does that mean you could just put two bowls next to each other there? (could they be colored x.x?)
                                  Would you be able to make the bowls right next to each other?

• Cardinite

The best way that I can think of to work around it would be to edit the spring/summer/winter_outdoors tilesheet files, I've tried a few different combinations in the map editor and this is the closest thing I can get to what you're asking using the default tilesheet, sorry :(. This is the closest I can get to making them look normal, it doesn't look too bad ingame.

upload_2016-3-30_20-53-18.png
                                    upload_2016-3-30_21-7-56.png

In this version I just removed the trees just in case removing the actual cliffs somehow messes with your farm extension mod. You can get the treeless version here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/p5z41kx0m4dfkbe/Farm.xnb

If it doesn't mess with your extension mod here's a version with the corner levelled out: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jdl6b76efdra3sc/Farm.xnb

I tested it ingame quickly but there might be a few minor graphic bugs I missed when editing the cliffs. If so just let me know and I'll check it out again.
                                    upload_2016-3-30_21-7-2.png

• taintedwheat

Aww thanks! I quickly just checked the second one first and it works great! also the dog bowls look good! :D :D

However, can you just pull the pond up one row, and remove the gravel path for me? (Why is it even in the game it is so ugly, and the gravel path doesn't even mach up in color) >.<;;;

• Cardinite

RoastedCoconutz likes this.
                                      • taintedwheat

Thanks so much! Those things were really bothersome. You're da bomb!

Cardinite likes this.