1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Smelting - Melt swords, shields, guns and other things into ore bars 1.1.12b

Melt swords, shields, guns and other things into ore bars

1. Carl0sCheca

Carl0sCheca Title Not Found

That's a good idea, I'll add in the next update!

Rawr0w0 likes this.
  2. Carl0sCheca

3. Spacedino

Spacedino Ketchup Robot

Will we be able to smelt avian tomb decoration into gold bars?

4. Carl0sCheca

Sure, I'm adding objects, just need more ideas!

5. CLEVERSLEAZOID

CLEVERSLEAZOID Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, I've dropped the mod into the mods folder, crafted the second tier map upgrade and used it again, but I still can't find the smelting object in my metalworking station.

6. Carl0sCheca

Have you other mod that modifies player.config?

7. CLEVERSLEAZOID

CLEVERSLEAZOID Void-Bound Voyager

I'm using two other mods that both have player.config files in their respective folders;

MedicalStation [which also doesn't work]
    Species Starter Furniture [Which I'm beginning to think could be the one interfering. I'll try getting rid of it and see if that fixes the issue.]

Edit:

Removed Species Starter and MedicalStation before it worked unfortunately, but at least I have the Smelter now. Thank you very much for your help!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  8. Carl0sCheca

If you want to have other mods you can edit the player.config and add below of "tier2" this: "{ "item" : "smeltingfurnace" }," it would be of this way:
    { "item" : "generatedshield", "count" : 1, "data" : { "definition" : "startershield", "level" : 1 } }
    ],
    "tier2" : [
    { "item" : "smeltingfurnace" },
    { "item" : "silverarmorhead" },

9. Rawr0w0

Rawr0w0 Void-Bound Voyager

I just wanted to ask, why is the conversion rate so poor? I know you'd loose some, but 3 iron blocks giving back only 1 iron bar??

10. Carl0sCheca

When you craft 3 iron block you spend 1 iron bar so 3 iron block = 1 iron bar. If I put more you can craft iron blocks, smelt it and get infinite iron.

11. DarthNihilus

DarthNihilus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

HOLY SHITNESS!!! Thanks!!!

12. Carl0sCheca

Carl0sCheca updated Smelting - Melt swords, shields, guns and other things into ore bars with a new update entry:

More objects!

Read the rest of this update entry...

13. Man in the Mists

Man in the Mists Void-Bound Voyager

If you smelt better quality gear (green or purple borders), do you get more or better bars? If not, can that be added in?

14. Carl0sCheca

No, it doesn't. At the moment I don't know how to do that, I tried a few things and nothing work but I keep trying!

15. Man in the Mists

Man in the Mists Void-Bound Voyager

Can you please put in the same conversion for steel blocks that you did for iron blocks?

Also, I wonder if the metal platforms can be added to the smelting list. I'm thinking three platforms to make one bar, since 1 wood makes three planks, and one plank makes one wood platform.

16. Carl0sCheca

I didn't added steel blocks because you can craft it for 50 pixels, so you can "buy" steel bars. Platforms are a good idea.

17. Carl0sCheca

18. Carl0sCheca

Carl0sCheca updated Smelting - Melt swords, shields, guns and other things into ore bars with a new update entry:

Added Drills and Platforms

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  19. tidgem

tidgem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have two things to say...

Number one!
    I cant seem to find the smelty furnace thingy anywhere... (looked in both robotic bench and metalwork anvil) nowhere to be found please help me this looks like it has so much potential!!!

Number two!
    I was going to ask how to update but i think i will delete the old one add in this new one and see if it works! If it doesnt i will add a sad face to the end of this response!

:(

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  20. Carl0sCheca

1: Take upgrade to tier 2 again and it appear in the metal work station
    2: To update just remove old version and add the new one