RELEASED [SMAPI] UNDERGROUND HOUSE CELLAR, WHAT? UPDATE 6/26

Discussion in 'Mods' started by taintedwheat, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Fahim Ikmal

Fahim Ikmal Orbital Explorer

2. Fahim Ikmal

Attached Files:

• Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

Ooh, yuck! Okay, I'll work on a way to add an "offset" so people can offset it by x many tiles north/south ^_^

foghorn and taintedwheat like this.
      • Fahim Ikmal

You are a life savior jin thnx :D

• foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

^That's the same house that was causing back-layer shenanigans with Wonderful Farm Life. I didn't realize how popular that mod was/is.

• Zalkyria

Zalkyria Existential Complex

That's the same house I had previously even with the final upgrade it looked weird with the cellar because i think the greenhouse portion you could see through and see the cellar like that

• Jinxiewinxie

Quoting myself here ^_^

I've finished the offset AND THE OPTION TO FLIP the doors to the other side of the house. Attached is the mod file, and it comes with a readme.txt for help with positioning.

Attached Files:

• Fahim Ikmal

Thank you verrrryyyyy muuuccccch :D

• BlankSlater

BlankSlater Space Penguin Leader

• Jinxiewinxie

BlankSlater likes this.
                • BlankSlater

Buying my addons feels more balanced.

• Jinxiewinxie

Where would you buy it from? I could maybe add like.. a sign post somewhere? And then if you click the sign post it will ask if you want to build a cellar for x amount of money.

taintedwheat likes this.
                    • BlankSlater

Using the guide I showed you, you can make it buy able from robin. This would also allow it to be placed just about anywhere as a building. Put it next to the green house or a coup if someone wants to.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Custom buildings with interiors is hard, there is a good reason there are currently no mods that do it out there...
                        That guide only tells you how to add a building as a blueprint in the blueprint list, not how to add the ACTUAL building...

Please understand that if it was that easy, there would have already been tons of mods out there doing it...

taintedwheat and Jinxiewinxie like this.
                        • taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Yeah, zippy also mentioned he really needs to clean and update that guide since then.

@BlankSlater I mean, I feel for you to have things more challenging, but really the intention of the cellar was a personal storage alternative to the busstopstorage (because it needs to be updated and I'm impatient, and buffo's been m.i.a. here and on fb, so I can't get into contact with him to update it).

also, I mean, the shit is reallyyyy time consuming and a lotta of time frustrating with little payoff if I don't really care about it, at a personal perspective, ;___; trying to do all that other stuff sucks up the free time we do have to do other stuff like make more mods or like... nothing >.<;;

we both work and have hella other projects we'd like to do. ahhh...

maybe if its easier later on?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
                          • Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

I really like your blue houses. Would you mind making them in purple and I would love to see the wood outline on the greenhouse to be purple as well?

• taintedwheat

hi, i have a lot of life situations rn to deal at the moment, including trying to find a new place and moving. it's hard anywhere but it's particularly so here in the Bay Area. I fucking hate it. I'm trying to do this in the next couple of weeks.

although the purple does sound cute. i might look into it because i love lavender, but again, to reiterate it's going to have to wait because it's just something that's not top priority to me. although i will definitely make my own like those. i also did recolors of these purple house if you want to check that out:
                              http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/farm-house-exterior-replacement-retexture.113367/

and there's other purple houses in the misc. sub-forum too.

also about the berry patch, i'm pretty sure hitgirl responded to you and made you one -- i am not going to add it to the wonderful farm life because it's pretty busy as is and jinx's is going to eventually put in the stone tiles i made in front of the grandpa shrine.

• taintedwheat

lololol i ended up doing it.

SOMEONE HELP ME AND DO PURPLE STUFF TO MATCH THIS. I can do the stable since I had to edit it to make it line up with the house anyway.

I ended up doing it over the pink one because i want cute stuff and I make cute stuff for me first >: selfish, I know, but that's the method to my madness.
                                purple house.png

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

Cool they look awesome. Thank you so much. I can color the other items but I can not make them into .xnb files. If you you can do that I can recolor them for you. I also need the .xnb files for these lovely purple homes.

Jinxiewinxie likes this.
                                  • bLuefang101

bLuefang101 Void-Bound Voyager

can i ask what kind of house mod you using with your houses taintedwheat, the one with the flowers outside your houses? thanks