RELEASED [SMAPI] UNDERGROUND HOUSE CELLAR, WHAT? UPDATE 6/26

Discussion in 'Mods' started by taintedwheat, Jun 1, 2016.

1. taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

protip: you can copy and paste the dirt tiles (since this is not the greenhouse or the outside map the game will not read the dirt tiles as dirt)

anyway! i hope to see what you do! please post screens n.n

@Cider haha, yeah now it would be cool if there were events/environmental disasters in which you needed to stay in there a few days... oh god <___>

• SKKN

SKKN Big Damn Hero

Getting real fast at doing this lol. Here we go, my take on the farming space cuz I lOVEEEE extra farming space, can never get enough of it.

Also, it you could make the farming space similar to that of a greenhouse to be able to plant anything at anytime, that would be cool. :)

Attached Files:

• taintedwheat

could you post a screenshot for me? i'm going to admit i am super lazy >.<;;;; (also i will make sure to add/link your post to the second post of the thread and post screenshots of it there)

edit: as for the greenhouse thing, that's a coding thing and i'm not sure if anyone can do that.

it'd be nice though, because i don't use that grow all seasons mod.

• SKKN

SKKN Big Damn Hero

I've been having trouble taking screenshots while using mods, it only take a shot of the console log in the background and not the game itself. Any suggestion of how to take a proper screenshot?

Also I've encountered a problem, it stated seeds must be placed in a farm so I cant seem to plant anything right now. except trees i think trees will work though, still need testing.

taintedwheat likes this.
          • taintedwheat

hmregahhhh.i'm getting this too. i'm sorry to be honest we've just been pumping stuff out and didn't expect to run into this problem.

i'm sure its an easy coding fix <__>;
            i can see why they don't see the cellar as part of the farm though. techincally it wasn't.

and for screenshots, search your computer for the snipping tool or download gyazo both are amazing and easy to use to get screenshots, also makesure to play your game not full screen but like windowed or whatever. steam is terrible at taking screenshots

• SKKN

SKKN Big Damn Hero

Lol here we go. I think we could just make all the farming area little blocks for trees rather than the actual farming place. The map is already really nice, it won't matter if we could just make it like an underground tree orchard.

Edit: The area that I added could not be farmed, neither seeds or tree sapling work there. Except for the first grid line.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
              • taintedwheat

Here is the fixed version. The cellar is now read as part of the house.

Could you repackage everything in here with your version? Also, you should totally fuck around with the wallcoloring and such if you wanted too. Go crazy.

ERRYBODY the .dll in here is needed for the growing in the cellar to actually work. If you're working on a map, extract the shit out of here.

Will update OP with new .zip soon.

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

@Jinxiewinxie should be porting this to ALL soon, since her only reason not to do so was TSE not having a ALL 1.1 compatible version. (I just took the time to make the latest TSE release compatible with ALL 1.1, so that excuse doesnt fly anymore! :p)

Jinxiewinxie likes this.
                  • SKKN

SKKN Big Damn Hero

Thanks for the fix. :) Also I have 2 follow up questions:

1: Will you be able to chance the cellar door to something else with a different shape and color, i wasnt sure how to do that. I like it but it just doesnt go well with this mod that i use - http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/overgrown-farmhouse-asset-remix-deluxe-coop-added.111163/

2: Will this interfere with tego's expansion since there is already a map inside his map named cellar, I had already work around the configs and changes stuff to make sure it is compatible with automation mods and other mods. Now with your map, there will be two maps named "cellar".

• taintedwheat

sigh

1. i don't feel like matching up the colors for every house-edit out there. I'm hoping the people who feel obligated to will share their edits to match those houses. it's a lot of work trying to recolor even the one alternative i did provide and that's because it was for mah girl jinx.

which reminds me, will go with the house edit i did for her: houses (3).png

also she is still working on making the cellar configurable for people to put where ever and not just in that spot, so you may have an option to change the shape of it...but mind you I worked really hard on making it look like that.

2. no. if you scroll back to the early pages, Jinxie reworded the whole mod to appease tego's mod. The mods don't share the same name anymore, thus no more conflict.

the xnb's are not the same name.

also. she's trying to make this into a map mod that doesn't use API as a request so there's still a lot there's needs to be done.

• Davrial

Davrial Big Damn Hero

That should be extremely low priority imo. That will be a lot of work, and most people who use mods use SMAPI anyway, so making it non-API-required just appeals to a niche portion of the already niche modding scene.

• taintedwheat

yeah i know, but there are people out there who only have enough power on their computers to run the game via vanilla mod and want to use it. The only option I know of that would be the easiest thing I could think of is using busstop.xnb as where we would actually patch/piggyback our map onto that area and warp there from the farm/cellar doors.

it also cuts out other xnb mods like boffo's busstop storage I helped make, but he's been m.i.a. in the cuts, and its basically ALL compatible(albit needing updating) if he ever comes back on.

and also we offered to do it, so idk its whenever it actually gets done is the thing.

ALSO UPDATED OP PEEPS erk

@KittyCas - if you want an updated house i made. i mean, its slightly updated, but its cute:
                          houses.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
                            Rosalie likes this.
                          • SKKN

SKKN Big Damn Hero

Lol yes I know you work really hard for it and did an awesome job at it too. Loves your work. All of it. :D :D :D

I am in no way trying to say I don't like it, I was just merely wondering how do you make the door. Can this be done/edited via tIDE?

• taintedwheat

i know, i'm just saying. that took three hours. perspective isn't fun haha.

no, you don't edit it in tIDE but in any photoediting program. it's in the unpacked folder you unzipped -- it's the zpaths_object_cellar.xnb /.png don't mess with anything else on the tilesheet but the cellar thats toward the bottom of the page.

also, will be updating the OP again with my alternative blue house packed with the cellar in creme color, however, it is up to the user to make sure to drag this xnb into the folder

i also have a packed version of it in creme. will update op with tainted cellar folder to contain packed cellars in different colors.

Attached Files:

Rosalie likes this.
                              • Random_Cattai

Random_Cattai Void-Bound Voyager

You know. That kinda explains why the Automation mod didn't kick in w/ the kegs I put in it on wooden flooring to make sure they're 'connected'.

If you started off with the 'Tainted' cellar Zip File, would it be alright to just copy over with the self re-colored door Zpaths_objects_cellar.xnb file or do I have to recolor it again to make sure of File messups?

• taintedwheat

Yeah, haha, It's crazy how specific you have to be for some things. I'm sorry you ran into that issue!

Yeah, the zpaths_objects_cellar.xnb should read the same since its the same name. Is there a specific house that use that for? if you have a .png /.xnb you would like to share with people I can put it in the second post and eventually in the "alt cellar folder" whenever I need to open it up again.

• taintedwheat

[​IMG]

with or without the flowerborder on the roofs of the stable and house?
                                    (hubby says go w/o, but more opinions would be cool given how long it took for me to match everything up to begin with >.<)

or add more flowers onto the stable?

KittyCas and asteriaex like this.
                                    • Random_Cattai

Random_Cattai Void-Bound Voyager

Oh, sure! I use Timid's Brick and Spruce House.

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/timids-home-brick-spruce.110461/

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

taintedwheat likes this.
                                      • taintedwheat

Thank you! That looks great! Will definitely link this and credit you for your edit! (when I get to it, haha)

Thank you soooo much!

Random_Cattai likes this.
                                        • BlankSlater

BlankSlater Space Penguin Leader

I love your cellar but I don't really need the extra farming space. is it possible for me to edit the xnb file on its own to edit that out?