Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Savannah94

Savannah94 Void-Bound Voyager

Is anyone having a problem when starting a new game like me?
    I have an error whenever I get my parsnip seeds...
    [​IMG]

• 05nataku

05nataku Void-Bound Voyager

Okay so after downloading the things all over the game now starts through the api but pressing P does not open the cheats menu so effectively it's not opening the mods. Help please?! I'm so confused as to what is wrong with this mod...

EDIT: I am dumb... when redownloading things one obviously should add the cheat menu back if one wants it to work -.-

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
      • Adrina

Adrina Void-Bound Voyager

@Savannah94
        Having the exact same issue whenever I hover my cursor over any non-tool item in my inventory.
        Haven't done extensive testing but Coconuts, Spiceberry, Grape and Sweetpea all crash the game when hovered over.
        This occurs when running smapi 1.10 and running no mods other than the trainermod.

• Savannah94

@Adrina
          I tried it without any mods and still get crashes sadly... I'm kinda wondering if it has something to do with my xbox360 controller, guess I'll try that next. Hopefully there will be a fix soon however.

-Edit-
          I tried playing without a few graphics mods, like weapon/tool edits etc.
          And it seemed to work for me now at least.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
          • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Savannah94 @Adrina: That error is caused by XNB mods that haven't been updated. You can verify your game integrity to reset all XNB files, then reinstall them one by one until the problem comes back. Remove whichever one caused the problem, and report the problem to the author. :)

@obaero: Next time the game crashes, can you reply with your latest SMAPI log?

Savannah94 likes this.
            • Savannah94

@Pathoschild
              I figured that out finally and have got it running properly again.
              Thank you for the fairly fast reply.
              :cathug:

• kaneroo

kaneroo Subatomic Cosmonaut

I just installed SMAPI on another computer, same version as the one I currently use, everything was right but when I try to open the .exe of the game it shows this message:

System.TypeLoadException: It was not possible to load the type LanguageCode from the assembly Stardew Valley on D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Program.cs:line 93

I should point out that this is a rough translation of the actual error message since some of it is in a different language and the error was not on this computer.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@kaneroo: SMAPI 1.10 requires Stardew Valley 1.2, which was released this week. You have an older version of Stardew Valley on that computer (probably 1.1 or 1.11); you can fix the error by updating the game, or using SMAPI 1.8 instead.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Wouldnt 1.9 work? :S

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Entoarox: Yep, but SMAPI 1.9 introduces some breaking changes to help mods prepare for Stardew Valley 1.2. If you're sticking with Stardew Valley 1.11 for a bit, SMAPI 1.8 is the most compatible version with pre-Stardew-Valley-1.2 mods.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

gotcha :)

• obaero

obaero Yeah, You!

Just checked and the log was pretty much this message over and over:

Code:
                          [16:02:06 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the GameEvents.UpdateTick event:
                          System.InvalidOperationException: The StardewValley.Menus.TitleMenu object doesn't have a private 'subMenu' instance field.
                             at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Reflection.ReflectionHelper.GetPrivateField[TValue](Object obj, String name, Boolean required) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\Reflection\ReflectionHelper.cs:line 43
                             at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Reflection.ReflectionHelper.GetPrivateValue[TValue](Object obj, String name, Boolean required) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\Reflection\ReflectionHelper.cs:line 112
                             at GetDressed.GetDressed.PatchLoadMenu()
                             at GetDressed.GetDressed.Event_UpdateTick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                             at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaisePlainEvent(IMonitor monitor, String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, Object sender, EventArgs args) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\InternalExtensions.cs:line 46
                          The last thing before the crash was this exactly:
                          Code:
                          [16:18:08 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the GameEvents.UpdateTick event:
                          System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                             at StardewValley.Farmer.isDivorced()
                             at SB_PotC.ModEntry.ModUpdate(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                             at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaisePlainEvent(IMonitor monitor, String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, Object sender, EventArgs args) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\InternalExtensions.cs:line 46

I guess another thing I noticed was it NEVER crashes on the first save, only the second and beyond? So my temporary fix was to reload SMAPI after every save, takes a while but better than crashing :D

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@obaero: The recent Stardew Valley 1.2 update broke some mods. See the instructions in the How to fix mods broken in Stardew Valley 1.2 thread. In particular, make sure you use the unofficial update of GetDressed, and the latest version of Part of the Community. I also suggest updating all your mods if you haven't done that already. If you're still getting any errors in the console after that, post your latest SMAPI log in that thread and I'll take a look. :)

• bmarquis

bmarquis Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@obaero As far as Part of the Community is concerned, isDivorced() was changed to check for every NPC in all locations. On new saves, you are not able to talk to the Wizard, Krobus, the Dwarf, Sandy, the Henchman, the Bouncer, and Mr. Qi. I had to change the code to reflect that. It should be fixed on the newest version.

Sorry about that.

• LauraVT

LauraVT Space Spelunker

So I just upgraded to the newest version of SMAPI, I have literally no other mods installed, but it won't open when I play the game. I don't see any errors when loading up, just... P is not opening the menu.

• 05nataku

05nataku Void-Bound Voyager

Cheat menu mod works fine except the break in one hit button does nothing. Still takes 3 hits to break.

• fairybeef

fairybeef Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, I just updated to the latest version of SMAPI and when I try to launch the game with SMAPI there is no sound at all? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and the SMAPI launcher doesn't show any errors, there's just no sound. I also tried removing my mods to see if one of them was the problem but the game still launches without sound even with just the trainer mod enabled. The game plays correctly with sound if I launch it without using the SMAPI shortcut. Any ideas what the problem might be?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

[​IMG]

ShneekeyTheLost and Borodin like this.
                                      • 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've been receiving the following warnings from loading Ento's Framework. According to him, it should be a SMAPI issue. Specifically, the issue is that SMAPI is not properly identifying the Framework, identifying it as an "unknown mod". I tested this on a fresh install, with only the latest SMAPI and Ento's Framework.

[12:24:07 WARN SMAPI] an unknown mod used GameEvents.Initialize, which is deprecated since SMAPI 1.10. This will break in a future version of SMAPI.
                                        [12:24:12 WARN SMAPI] an unknown mod used GameEvents.LoadContent, which is deprecated since SMAPI 1.10. This will break in a future version of SMAPI.

• Koihime Nakamura

Koihime Nakamura Ketchup Robot

This is an odd error:

It was caused by alt-tabbing to it while it was doing map traversal...

Attached Files:

DietCrow likes this.
                                          Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.