Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nirasa1957

nirasa1957 Subatomic Cosmonaut

It don't work. It's the same error as #1470

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@nirasa1957 It looks like the StardewModdingAPI.config.json file is missing for some reason. Did you install SMAPI manually or using mono install.exe?

• nirasa1957

I using "mono install.exe" in the terminal.

• kearn76

kearn76 Void-Bound Voyager

Never posted for help. I am not sure what happened...used SMAPI with mods for several days, was working fine until I added "look up anything", then no go. I tried to remove the mod, but the game will not launch after removing it. Not an expert computer person here, but I miss my Stardew valley...can anyone help?

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@nirasa1957 Try this:
            1. Run mono install.exe again. Take a screenshot of the installer window once it shows the green 'done' text.
            2. Take a screenshot of your game folder.
            3. Launch the game with SMAPI.
            4. If the problem still occurs, post the two screenshots and your latest error log.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
            • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @kearn76. Something locked one of the game files; rebooting your computer should fix that. Lookup Anything shouldn't cause any issues, so you can reinstall that if you want. If you're still having trouble after rebooting (and optionally reinstalling Lookup Anything), post your latest SMAPI log and I'll help you figure it out.

• kearn76

Here is the last error log...it looks different than the others, but still won't load the game. I may have messed up more, by uninstalling steam and re-installing. I thought that would refresh the game to start off new, but obviously that didn't help either. The only mod loaded now is the one that installs with SMAPI...

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@kearn76 It looks like the file is still locked. Try this:
                  1. Reboot your computer again.
                  2. Delete C:\Users\Karen\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\startup_preferences. (If you get an error, post a screenshot of it and skip steps 3–4.)
                  3. Launch the game.
                  4. If it fails, post your latest error log again.

• kearn76

Oh my goodness, that did it. Thank you so much!

Pathoschild likes this.
                    • nirasa1957

Yes, it's work (SMAPI 1.9-beta15). Why he did not want to work yesterday? I just restarted the computer. Thank you.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@nirasa1957: I have no idea why that file was missing the first time. :wut:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Since Stardew Valley 1.2 is taking a while, I'm splitting SMAPI 1.9 into two releases:
                          • SMAPI 1.9 beta16 for Stardew Valley 1.11 (download for Linux/Mac/Windows).
                            This has most of the beta changes released over the last two months, but backported to Stardew Valley 1.11 (see release notes). Some of those changes will break some mods, but I'll help update affected mods where necessary (which will also make them much easier to update to Stardew Valley 1.2 later).

SMAPI 1.9 will be released this weekend if no major issues are found.

• SMAPI 1.10 beta for Stardew Valley 1.2.15+ beta (download for Linux/Mac/Windows).
                            This has all the changes in SMAPI 1.9, plus compatibility with Stardew Valley 1.2 beta. SMAPI rewrites many mods for compatibility with Stardew Valley 1.2, but some mods may need an update.

SMAPI 1.10 will stay in beta until Stardew Valley 1.2 is out of beta.
                          I know the split is a bit confusing, but I think it's important to continue supporting Stardew Valley 1.11 players until Stardew Valley 1.2 is officially released. For the last two months, all SMAPI updates have been for Stardew Valley 1.2 only; from now on, updates will be released simultaneously for Stardew Valley 1.11 and 1.2 beta players as needed.

As always, feel free to post bugs/suggestions/comments in this thread. :)

[Edit: 1.9 download removed; see the latest version instead.]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
                            Guigui82, nirasa1957 and pvmambembe like this.
                          • pvmambembe

pvmambembe Void-Bound Voyager

SMAPI 1.10 working fine on 1.2.18
                            CJB Cheats Menu works perfectly in this version. Even with the "P" menu.

Mods that are working (at least those that are installed in my game)

Choose Baby Gender
                            CJB Cheats Menu
                            Event Notifications
                            Gift Taste Helper (but works only in the social menu, when clicking the calendar the mod does not work)
                            Loved Labels
                            Museum Rearrange Mod V1.2
                            NPC Map Locations
                            Skull Cave Saver

Thanks for the hard work of always @Pathoschild <3

Pathoschild likes this.
                            • nirasa1957

This is excellent work @Pathoschild :)

Pathoschild likes this.
                              • Oxyligen

Oxyligen Tentacle Wrangler

@Pathoschild You have also beta version for Modbuildconfig? Very convenient tool :)

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Oxyligen Thanks! There's no need for a beta version of that, the build config package will automatically use the version of SMAPI you have installed. :)

Oxyligen likes this.
                                  • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

SMAPI 1.9 is now available for Linux, Mac, and Windows! SMAPI now has a smarter installer and simpler console messages, detects incompatible mods and disables them before they cause problems, no longer ignores mods unpacked a certain way, adds several improvements for mod creators, has major changes under the hood to prepare for upcoming features, and has many other improvements and fixes (see release notes).

SMAPI 1.9 includes some breaking changes from the Stardew Valley 1.2 branch so mods can start getting ready for them. That shouldn't affect most mods, but a few may need updates. See SMAPI 1.9 migration guide.

As always, feel free to post bugs/suggestions/comments in this thread. :)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
                                      pvmambembe and MiyuDiana like this.
                                    • Smallcorners

Smallcorners Subatomic Cosmonaut

Downloaded this, not in Beta, had the errors shown below which I will post in those mod threads.
                                      But, I did stop time, and took the minecart to the desert, which worked, but when I tried to take it back, the game blacked out, and started to buzz at me, it did this for a while and I just X'd out. The error log file did not show any errors.

I think I will go back to the previous framework until the mods have been updated. Or if they have until I down load them.

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @Smallcorners. You can update StackSplitX to 1.1, which is compatible with SMAPI 1.9. I contacted the author of Better Sprinklers to let them know the mod needs an update (and offered to update it for them if needed). Does the black screen still happen if you update Entoarox Framework?

• Smallcorners

Smallcorners Subatomic Cosmonaut

I am on the latest Framework, I just posted over there as I was also looking for updates, but did not see where one has been uploaded yet.

I did grab StackSplitX, thank you!
                                          TimeSpeed's update still mentions only for Stardew 1.2 (beta), and I am not on that yet, is it safe to download?

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.