Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnTR

JohnTR Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What is going on? The 1.8 api is loading the mods and the game very slowly. When it has finally loaded all of the mods, the command prompt box says it's launching the game but it never does.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• JohnTR

I'll try rebooting. Here is the error log.

Attached Files:

• JohnTR

Rebooting appears to have worked. Thought I had done that already. Thanks for the help.

Pathoschild likes this.
        • Bojack316

Bojack316 Orbital Explorer

Is SMAPI backwards compatible with older mods? More specifically, will SMAPI 1.8 run a mod that was built for 0.39.6? Haven't played in months and some of the mods I used before and some other mods I would like to use don't have any newer versions. I couldn't seem to find the answer anywhere and just didn't want to install all these mods and cause any weird problems.

• JohnTR

All you can do is try and find out. I have some old mods that work and some that broke from the 1.11 update.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Nearly all SMAPI 0.40+ mods (and probably 0.39.6+ mods) should work fine with SMAPI 1.8, but the bigger problem is the game itself. They released Stardew Valley 1.1 and 1.11 (and soon 1.2) since you last played. Those game versions broke many mods that weren't updated.

I suggest updating the SMAPI mods that have an update, then just trying them. Any errors will be shown in the console, and SMAPI will usually prevent them from crashing your game. Feel free to post your latest error log after trying it, and I'll tell you if any of the broken mods can be fixed.

Be careful with XNB (non-SMAPI) mods though, those are probably broken if they weren't updated after October 6th 2016 (when Stardew Valley 1.11 was released). Outdated XNB mods can cause subtle bugs and random crashes, and they're harder to detect.

• Bojack316

Bojack316 Orbital Explorer

Alright cool, thanks. Will check'em out probably tomorrow when I have a chance.

• SheevaBlackpaw

SheevaBlackpaw Space Hobo

Heeey guys,
                  so I updated both my game and SMAPI to the lastet updates yesterday and started a new game. So far so good, every mod seems to work and I can finally enjoy my game with german translations.
                  BUT.. now when I want to load my game it starts to load, the screens starts flickering and becomes black. Only the background music is playing and I get a ton of red errors in my SMAPI-Window as you can see on the txt.

In hope of someone who can help me with this problem I post that here.

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• jazzbear01

jazzbear01 Big Damn Hero

So long story short, I messed around with my farm layout in Tide and readded the packed files to my Content folder in their designated locations. I launched my game and loaded my save and I get this error message.

I know it has something to do with the files I replaced in my Content folder, because I'll replace it backup folder and it works. I'm not entirely sure why this is happening, but SMAPI seams to be the culprit. Please help!

Attached Files:

• SheevaBlackpaw

SheevaBlackpaw Space Hobo

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@jazzbear01: SMAPI isn't really the issue, it's just intercepting the game crash. There are a lot of possible causes, but it may be something wrong with your map tilesheets.

@SheevaBlackpaw: It looks like the game is crashing trying to draw something. Try verifying the game integrity to reset your game files to normal. If you have any XNB (non-SMAPI) mods, this will remove them; try playing without them, and then reinstall them one at a time. (SMAPI mods won't be affected.)

• jazzbear01

jazzbear01 Big Damn Hero

@Pathoschild I figured out my tilesheets in tide needed to have the correct name from the src image, but thanks anyway!

• wigleg321

wigleg321 Space Hobo

I have the 1.2.18 version of the game and 1.9 beta 14 of SMAPI, why this happens?

PD: Sorry for paint lines

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• wigleg321

wigleg321 Space Hobo

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

SMAPI 1.9-beta.15 is now available for Linux, Mac, and Windows. This version fixes many more mods for compatibility with Stardew Valley 1.2, including CJB Cheats Menu and NPC Locations Map. See the release notes for all changes in SMAPI 1.9.

Caveats:
                            • This is for Stardew Valley 1.2.15+ beta only; it won't work with earlier versions.
                            • Some mods will still need an update, though SMAPI will automatically fix many of them.
                            This is a release candidate. If you see errors (not counting "Skipped <mod name> because it isn't compatible with the latest version of the game" errors), post your error log! :)

[Edit: download link removed; see the latest version instead.]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
                              Oxyligen likes this.
                            • Oxyligen

Oxyligen Tentacle Wrangler

Hi, trying to use the ModBuildConfig. Solution builds and deploys the mod. I don't understand how i should debug: MSBuild should trigger SMAPI directly? I cant launch the project: It is a class.

Thanks for any help.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Oxyligen likes this.
                              Thread Status:
                              Not open for further replies.