Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merryberry

Merryberry Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Pfff, again? Geez. I think I may just give up on that mod at this rate....

• ShamanKem84

ShamanKem84 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Does anyone use SMAPI with a Steamlink and a Controller. The Console of SMAPI allways starts first, if you switch to the Gamewindow the controlls are messed up. Any workarounds ?

• aldiinn

aldiinn Yeah, You!

It doesnt open for me, it always crashes this is the code it shows when it crashes :

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'StardewModdingAPI.Constants' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=842cf8be1de50553' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
        at StardewModdingAPI.Constants.GetGameVersion()
        at StardewModdingAPI.Constants..cctor() in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Constants.cs:line 75
        --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
        at StardewModdingAPI.Constants.get_LogDir() in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Constants.cs:line 45
        at StardewModdingAPI.Program..ctor(Boolean writeToConsole) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Program.cs:line 33
        at StardewModdingAPI.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Program.cs:line 70

• syq199688

syq199688 Void-Bound Voyager

• Hammurabi

Hammurabi Big Damn Hero

The exception is saying that it can't find the XNA packages needed. Do you have the latest .NET framework installed? If not, see the quote in the post immediately above this one.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@aldiinn Make sure you run the game without SMAPI at least once, so it can install the prerequisites like XNA.

• syq199688

syq199688 Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, I tried to install the lastest version of .NET Framework, but I couldn't. I think it is because of my computer. I have an old W7 laptop, and the system can't install the new version of .NET Framework. Now I only have 4.0 .NET Framework. Are there any other way I can install the SMAPI? If I can't, it is fine. Thank you very much for helping me.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@syq199688: Can you try installing .NET Framework 4.5 instead of the latest version? That's the minimum requirement for SMAPI.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

SMAPI 1.9-beta.13 is now available for Linux, Mac, and Windows! (See attached.)

This build updates SMAPI for changes in Stardew Valley 1.2.15 beta, automatically detects most incompatible mods and disables them before they cause problems, fixes an issue where SaveEvents.AfterLoad was raised during the new-game intro before the player is initialised, and includes internal changes for the next major SMAPI version. See the release notes for all changes in SMAPI 1.9.

Caveats:
                  • This is for Stardew Valley 1.2.15+ beta only; it won't work with earlier versions.
                  • Some mods will still need an update, though SMAPI will automatically fix many of them.
                  This is a release candidate. If you see errors (not counting "Skipped <mod name> because it isn't compatible with the latest version of the game" errors), post your error log! :)

[Edit: download removed; see the latest version instead.]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
                    pvmambembe likes this.
                  • fengfeng1992

fengfeng1992 Void-Bound Voyager

• pvmambembe

pvmambembe Void-Bound Voyager

@Pathoschild
                    Before it was just delete the line:

{
                    "Name": "CJB Cheats Menu",
                    "ID": "CJBCheatsMenu",
                    "UpperVersion": "1.13",
                    "UpdateUrl": "http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/4",
                    "Notes": "Uses removed Game1.borderFont."
                    },

And get into the game that the CJB Cheats Menu worked, not by pressing the "P" but the settings that were already saved as the character's speed.

But in this new version of SMAPI, even deleting the line of code, the program continues blocking the MOD.
                    Is this intentional? Is there another way to prevent SMAPI from blocking the MOD?

*So much that when returning to 1.9 BETA.12 it works perfectly again by erasing the line of code.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@pvmambembe: SMAPI now detects incompatible code automatically, so that won't work. I'll rework the feature to let you override compatibility checks in the next beta build.

pvmambembe likes this.
                      • pvmambembe

pvmambembe Void-Bound Voyager

• hojichas

hojichas Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having some trouble with SMAPI 1.8 -- whenever I try to plant something, the screen goes black (I can still hear music/sounds). The error log is attached.

Thanks for reading!

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@hojichas One of your XNB files may be broken. Try verifying the game integrity in Steam, which will reset all XNB files to normal. if you use any XNB (non-SMAPI) mods, try testing whether the issue still happens before reinstalling them one at a time.

• hojichas

hojichas Void-Bound Voyager

Pathoschild likes this.
                          • Merryberry

I.... encountered another error, but I'm not sure what broke this time? I tried to plant a tree and ended up with frozen game and this log note.

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Merryberry

It's popped up again, but the game hasn't crashed. I also haven't tried planting any other trees...

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Merryberry: NPC Map Locations is the mod that's failing, but it's hard to pinpoint why without line numbers (since the mod doesn't have a .pdb file). I suggest posting a message in the mod's support thread with that error log.

Thread Status:
                                Not open for further replies.