Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sintafury

Sintafury Aquatic Astronaut

The only bad thing are the good mods need to be updated in every new version, this is a nightmare! And I want play this game in portuguese version =/ Anyway... thanks for this great job and all modders in this community.

Emio likes this.
    • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

SMAPI 1.9-beta.4 is now available for Linux, Mac, and Windows!

This version...
      • Fixes more mods broken by Stardew Valley 1.2 beta, and disables some broken mods.
      • Hides the game's debug output (unless you have SMAPI for developers).
      • Adds support for simple nested mod folders (ike ModName-1.0\ModName\manifest.json).
      • Adds a new event for modders.
      • (See the full release notes.)
      Caveats:
      • This is for Stardew Valley 1.2 beta only; it won't work with earlier versions.
      • Some mods will still need an update, though SMAPI will automatically fix many of them.
      This is a release candidate — SMAPI 1.9 shouldn't change much after this. If you see some errors (not counting "Skipped [...] not compatible with the latest version of the game" errors), post your error log! :)

[Edit: download removed; see the latest version instead.]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
        MysticTempest likes this.
      • Rhulain

Rhulain Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, modder familiar with modding other games (Skyrim, so you know I'm familiar with troubleshooting processes...) here.

I am getting a VERY stubborn error with trying to even run the SMAPI Installer, and scouring Google for assistance hasn't helped me.

It's the "Unhandled Exception," can't find the Stardew Valley.exe error.

I've extracted SMAPI 1.8 to my desktop. Stardew Valley is installed in "Program Files x86, Steam, Steamapps, Common, Stardew Valley," where it belongs.

I've tried restarting my computer, and I'm sure SV is fully installed. I have version 1.8 of SMAPI and I'm pretty sure the lastest SV version (properties tells me it's 1.0.6124... Is that right?) I get the error immediately upon trying to run the installer. Attempting to install manually lead to the same issue when trying to run the API.

Thoughts? Is there a chance I don't have the latest version of SV? Steam doesn't seem to have any further updates for it.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @Rhulain. Let's start with the installer problem; can you post a screenshot of the error when you run install.exe (including the whole console window)?

• Rhulain

error.png

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Rhulain

That's done it! brilliant, thank you. Not sure why I couldn't come up with that solution via Google, but thank you :)

Pathoschild likes this.
              • PoeProject

PoeProject Void-Bound Voyager

I apoligize in advance if you have had to deal with this before but I am trying to install the SMAPI and I keep getting this come up. I'm not sure of the issue so hoped you could help thank you :)
                [​IMG]

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @PoeProject. Does this keep happening if you reboot your computer?

• PoeProject

Yes unfortunantly, I have also tried some of the steps in your recent posts to other users but none of them have changed it from happening, I've even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game multiple times and then trying to install SMAPI but still no luck.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@PoeProject Try this:
                      1. Delete C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Mods. (Back up any mods you want to keep, though this is a good time to redownload the latest versions instead.)
                      2. Install SMAPI.
                      3. Move any mods you want to keep into the game's Mods folder (not the one in AppData).

• PoeProject

That seemed to work perfectly thank you very much for your help and patience :)

• Lil Crim

Lil Crim Big Damn Hero

@Pathoschild

this is the max size of the black box thingy

upload_2017-2-12_19-38-38.png

• keodau27

keodau27 Subatomic Cosmonaut

So this happened, i have tried everything i can think of but i give up, none of it work. SMAPI was still working fine for me 2 days ago, so i have no idea what could have cause this, i experienced some lags and freezing ingame toward the end during that day but i think it's because i opened too many things but after that i can't open SMAPI again.
                            SDV is still working fine for me though, but i do depend on mods while playing quite a lot
                            I've tried : Reinstall SMAPI the newest version (1.8) then an older version (1.4), Reinstall .NET Framework latest version (4.6.2) then an older one(4.5), reinstall SDV a few times, to re-install windows 7 again as i thought it's could be because of some corrupted system files but still no luck
                            Untitled.png

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
                            • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

screenshot of the folder where you have StardewModdingAPI.exe, the whole window, please.

• luciferousdeeds

luciferousdeeds Void-Bound Voyager

Can someone help? It keeps saying the smapi file doesn't exist. I can't unzip it.

• keodau27

keodau27 Subatomic Cosmonaut

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Lil Crim Try this:
                                  1. Delete C:\Users\Kapis\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Mods. (Back up any mods you want to keep, though this is a good time to redownload the latest versions instead.)
                                  2. Install SMAPI.
                                  3. Move any mods you want to keep into the game's Mods folder (not the one in AppData).
                                  Multiple players have been getting that error (see issue), but the reason isn't clear yet.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Thread Status:
                                  Not open for further replies.