1. Hey Guest! We've announced our new game Wargroove, check out the new forums!
    Dismiss Notice

Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm not sure achievements will work if the overlay doesn't appear. I can't help much since I don't have a Mac or the Steam version, but hopefully another Steam on Mac player here will be able to help. :)

Can you try running the game through Steam again, then post your latest error log? That's a known issue for some Linux players, but we need more information to figure out why it happens.

You can disable SMAPI's update check by editing the StardewModdingAPI.config.json file. (That won't affect individual mods that check for updates; SMAPI doesn't provide an update service for mods yet, so those mods have their own code to do it.) Does disabling it affect the launch issue?

A MissingMethodException normally means you have an older version of .NET Framework. Try installing the latest version of .NET Framework.

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Big Damn Hero

Unfortunately, it doesn't generate an error log from SMAPI. I strongly suspect this is a permissions issue with Steam no longer having permission to run the file because Steam isn't the one who created/installed it, and Linux is kind of paranoid about programs accessing other programs that it didn't create or hasn't been given permission to touch.

More specifically: Because the user is running "mono install.exe", it sees the user as creating the file StardewValley, instead of going through Steam. So Steam doesn't have permission to run it, because it didn't create it. This is to keep certain program's fingers out of more sensitive pies on the computer as a security measure.

Let me show you what I've got. Basically, at the end you see all the mono security errors. It doesn't crash or keep you from launching successfully or playing the game flawlessly.

Attached Files:

• Laken

Laken Master Chief

This is giving me a horrible headache I use to be able to do this so well. I'm following this guide http://canimod.com/guides/using-mods#installing-smapi and i'm stuck here -
        1. Download the latest version of SMAPI.
        2. Extract the .zip file somewhere.
        3. Double-click install.exe, and follow the on-screen instructions.
          The installer will detect your game and add SMAPI for you.
        The installer keeps giving me an error! I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong to be honest. It doesn't seem like it's detecting the game at all? Note I unzipped right to the folder that holds Stardew Valley. I'm so lost can someone help me please? It says it has stopped working. @_@

• ShneekeyTheLost

* extract the .zip file to your ~/Steam/steamapps/Common/StardewValley folder
          * Open the SMAPI 1.5 folder
          * Run the install.exe file
          * Press 1 to install

Laken likes this.
          • Laken

Laken Master Chief

That's what I did it just told me the same thing - StardewModdingApi.Installer has stopped working. Honestly not sure what i'm doing wrong I followed all the steps. :(

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
            • nirasa1957

nirasa1957 Astral Cartographer

I can't = It was not created. I still use 1.4, because some mods not work.

• Bob Mosses

Bob Mosses Seal Broken

I'm having the same issue. I've tried the normal installer and It just instantly crashes. I tried doing a manual installation and that would have the same issue.

• Pathoschild

@Laken and @Bob Mosses: can you both reply with a screenshot of the installer window when the error appears?

@ShneekeyTheLost and @nirasa1957: SMAPI 1.6 has a potential workaround for your Steam launch issue. Can you try the attached preview version and see if the game launches correctly?

[edit: file removed; see the latest version instead.]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
                  • ShneekeyTheLost

It appears to be in working order. Launching the game from Steam pops it up like it should.

Pathoschild likes this.
                    • vulpiidae

vulpiidae Orbital Explorer

MM ok I'm not entirely sure what's up with mine, but I get as far as this and then the game just shuts down, it doesn't even load:
                      http://imgur.com/a/lVXPr

I tried to re-install the unofficial CJB cheat menu, but I'm guessing something's wrong with it!

• Pathoschild

Hi @vulpiidae. You're using SMAPI 0.40 alpha, which is very old; try updating to the latest SMAPI 1.5. Also, you should move the CJBCheatsMenu folder into the "Mods" folder. Let me know whether those changes fix your issue. :)

• vulpiidae

Ah, thank you! Almost, although now the cheat menu doesn't seem to be working at all. Now I've got this--
                          http://imgur.com/a/LCCVr

• Pathoschild

• vulpiidae

No such luck! I'm certain I'm installing it right as well. Do you need to see inside any of the folders? The unofficial only had two files in it, I added the .dll file to the Mods folder, and the .json to the main.

• Pathoschild

@vulpiidae Make sure you keep the mod files together. Your folders should be like this:
                              Code:
                              Stardew Valley/
                                 Mods/
                                    CJBCheatsMenu/
                                       CJBCheatsMenu.dll
                                       manifest.json

• vulpiidae

OH everything worked!! Thank you so much for the help!! :D :D Much appreciated!

Pathoschild likes this.
                                • Bob Mosses

Bob Mosses Seal Broken

http://i.imgur.com/XPrXuXM.png

gonna make sure my .NET framework is set up. I thought i had already done that but apparently not.

Shame on me. That got the installer to run properly.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
                                    Pathoschild likes this.
                                  • nirasa1957

nirasa1957 Astral Cartographer

SMAPI 1.6. alpha. It is still the same error. Manually it's work, but via Steam isn't.

• sholeh.as

sholeh.as Space Hobo

Ask, Did SMAPI 1.6 compatible to play in offline mode?
                                      Already played SV for 4 months and wanna try some mods, but most of my time used in offline mode due to bad connection at certain time. In the SMAPI 1.5, the error occur when load the save file in offline mode.
                                      Thanks in advance

Sorry for my bad english

• Entoarox

Entoarox Parsec Taste Tester

SMAPI is offline compatible yes, if it doesnt work please post your log (See http://canimod.com/guides/smapi-faq.html#where-is-my-error-log-and-how-do-i-share-it for how to find the log)
                                        Without a log we can do very little for you. :(